ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme deadline for non EU family members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fmdddv
Mood:
France

EU settlement scheme deadline for non EU family members

Post by fmdddv » Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 am

Hello everyone,

If a person already has settled status in the UK and wish to bring their dependent non-EU parent to the UK, does the June 30th 2021 deadline apply?
Or do they have more time?
Would they need to apply for the EU family permit or the EU settlement scheme family permit?
Do they need to prove dependency?

Thank you.

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Re: EU settlement scheme deadline for non EU family members

Post by avro1959 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 pm

If a person already has settled status in the UK and wish to bring their dependent non-EU parent to the UK, does the June 30th 2021 deadline apply?
At present there is no deadline. However this may change in the future.
Or do they have more time?
Yes, you could apply now or three years from now.
Would they need to apply for the EU family permit or the EU settlement scheme family permit?
EU family permits have little value as the validity will not exceed 30 June 2021 as far as I know. You must apply for an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit from abroad to enter the UK. Note that it is no longer possible to come to the UK as a visitor and then apply for EUSS.
Do they need to prove dependency?
At present, dependency is assumed. I believe that's changing after 1 July 2021 where dependency will need to be proven.

When do you intend to bring your parent over?

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 pm

avro1959 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 pm
Thanks for your detailed response. I would like to bring them ASAP. Ideally, I would have liked to travel to them and start the process but it's been difficult due to the pandemic and Covid-19 restrictions.

Can I make the application online from the UK for them or does it need to be completed from outside of the UK?

What is the process timeline please?

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Fri May 07, 2021 5:19 am

fmdddv wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 pm
avro1959 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 pm
Can I make the application online from the UK for them or does it need to be completed from outside of the UK?

What is the process timeline please?
It shouldn't be a problem to apply online. There's an option to identify that you're applying on behalf of someone else. You can also book the biometrics appointment online depending on the country. You could guide your parent through the biometrics submission remotely.

Processing timeline is highly variable. Depends on the country, applicant type, etc. My EUSS FP took three weeks back in February. My mom's took two months.