ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk_query
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by uk_query » Mon May 03, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi Everyone ,

Quick question on the OCI form registration . The british passport does not have a "Place of issue" , any idea what to fill in the Place of Issue in the OCI form ? The british passport only has an Authority which is HMPO and nothing else ?
Do we need to fill in HMPO or something else ?

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:02 pm

uk_query wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:45 pm
Hi Everyone ,

Quick question on the OCI form registration . The british passport does not have a "Place of issue" , any idea what to fill in the Place of Issue in the OCI form ? The british passport only has an Authority which is HMPO and nothing else ?
Do we need to fill in HMPO or something else ?
Hi,

Just United Kingdom is fine. That's what I filled, can't be more specific than that I think.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 am

Hi,
finally I have got an appointment at London Goswell for My self and two children. The slots appears now frequently during day time. you just need keep checking frequently and I am sure you guys will find one soon.

I have few questions-
1. Do I need to go along with my children for an appointment?
2. Are there any specific kind of envelops do I need to carry? - I have used previously for passport purpose grey self addressed envelops, for this process will it work or should I need to buy hard base envelops?
3. I am going to submit 3 applications- Do I need to carry 2 envelop for each application? or 2 for all?
4. Photo upload on application form was taken from mobile and I haven't found a place where I can get them printed for size 2*2 inch. Is that okay if I carry the photographs which are different then uploaded for all applicants?

Please add your valuable comments based on the best of your knowledge and expertise. That would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:00 pm

Shah05 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 am
Hi,
finally I have got an appointment at London Goswell for My self and two children. The slots appears now frequently during day time. you just need keep checking frequently and I am sure you guys will find one soon.

I have few questions-
1. Do I need to go along with my children for an appointment?
2. Are there any specific kind of envelops do I need to carry? - I have used previously for passport purpose grey self addressed envelops, for this process will it work or should I need to buy hard base envelops?
3. I am going to submit 3 applications- Do I need to carry 2 envelop for each application? or 2 for all?
4. Photo upload on application form was taken from mobile and I haven't found a place where I can get them printed for size 2*2 inch. Is that okay if I carry the photographs which are different then uploaded for all applicants?

Please add your valuable comments based on the best of your knowledge and expertise. That would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi,

1. Read number 5. in this link https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/pdf/ ... sh-oci.pdf and read rest as well for reference. ''Make an appointment for each application that you wish to submit, at the nearest VF Services UK centre as per the jurisdiction
applicable in UK.(Applications need to be submitted in person, exceptions can be made for immediate family
members(husband/wife/children)to submit applications for another family member carrying an authorization letter & a proof of
relationship)''

2. Usually hard backs are used to protect important documents from bending. I prefer to use the DX courier service provided at VFS as they will be kind of responsible for any loss of post etc and you can get text notifications to your mobile regarding the progress of your application.

3. Again prefer VFS to decide how many required and would choose their postal service.

4. Read about photo specifications here https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16019 ... 102020.pdf
They have to be the same as you uploaded. Best to get new ones taken and re-upload. You will have time to re-upload any documents prior to your VFS appointment. Or you can find some photo printing services on google who can print and send you the photos on a next day service.

vkpaidisetty
Mood:
India

Post by vkpaidisetty » Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi All,

I have seen few comments suggesting to use VFS courier service instead of prepaid royalmail special delivery.

Why is special delivery might get lost unless VFS misplaces it - just asking.

If i am to buy VFS courier service how many will be buying since i have 3 applications?

I will be submitting surrender certificate application in few weeks and then OCI after that.

Also, can i take all the three applications?

Any suggestions?

abhishek7749

Post by abhishek7749 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 am

sraj wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 am
Hi all
I read in the news that OCI renewal for under 20s is not required anymore, when passport is renewed but copy of new passport and child's photo need to be uploaded on the website within 90 days of passport renewal.
Is there anymore information available regarding where to upload passport copy and photo?
I can't find anything on official websites but it was all over the media 7-10 days ago.
Regards
Following up on the response...

qoolnaren
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by qoolnaren » Tue May 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi Friends,

I am in process of OCI application and one of requirement is to provide letter from accountant for self-employed, can anyone please share blank template. below is template from one of old post in 2017. I would be very grateful if anyone can share blank template that is already used.

====
To
High Commission of India, London

Dear Sir,

We act as accountants for __, since __.

This is to confirm that ____ is a Director and shareholder of ____. The company provides ____ Services. The official designation of Mr ___ as per our records is ____ and he gets paid in the form of dividends and salary.

Should you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

====

binilsivanyahoo
Newly Registered
India

Post by binilsivanyahoo » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 pm

I have used similar format for accountant letter. Along with that I submitted three months business bank statement and incorporation certificate.

qoolnaren
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by qoolnaren » Wed May 12, 2021 7:51 am

Thank you so much for confirming binilsivanyahoo .
I will do the same.
Thanks again!

alokpanda123
Newly Registered
India

Post by alokpanda123 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:54 am

Thanks for this amazing forum. I can't find a place to upload the 'Surrender Passport' certificate as part of the documents upload. Does anyone know where else to upload them?

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:10 pm

alokpanda123 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:54 am
Thanks for this amazing forum. I can't find a place to upload the 'Surrender Passport' certificate as part of the documents upload. Does anyone know where else to upload them?
You can combine your documents into one and upload in the most relevant category. I combined the below and uploaded
a. CURRENT PASSPORT - British passort, naturlaization certificate and driving licence
b. EMPLOYMENT/WORK LETTER - Employment letter and payslip (payslip wasn't required)
c. PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Cancelled indian passport and Surrender certificate

deba.theia
Newly Registered

Post by deba.theia » Sun May 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Hello,

I was wondering what the current timelines are with respect to renewal of a minor child’s OCI (due to renewal of passport)? We submitted all his documents on 6th April and received our original documents back within a week.

However we have not had the new OCI. The status still says “under-process”. Surely that cannot be right because we have had our other child’s new OCI (submitted on the same day) back! Why one and not the other? Any reason to be worried?

Thanks!!

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm

deba.theia wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:52 pm
because we have had our other child’s new OCI (submitted on the same day) back! Why one and not the other? Any reason to be worried?
Can you kindly help with timeline of your other child please?
I have applied for new OCI for kid and will be helpful to know.

deba.theia
Newly Registered

Post by deba.theia » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 pm

Appointment on 6th April, documents received within 10 days and received OCI on 11th May.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi,

We are applying for the first OCI of a minor. Anyone know if the Student ID is mandatory? Our child is in school but do not have any ID cards. Is there any alternative proof we can provide?

Thanks.

Indian 6699
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Indian 6699 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

New Update for APPLYING OCI IN LONDON

Today I had applied for OCI in London, there is no need to submit original documents in VFS center such as Naturalisation certificate , marriage certificate . But it is Mandatory to upload all the documents in online .

The only certificate we need to submit is surrender certificate. This in new process in OCI now.

madansowmiya21
India

Post by madansowmiya21 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Indian 6699 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Today I had applied for OCI in London, there is no need to submit original documents in VFS center such as Naturalisation certificate , marriage certificate . But it is Mandatory to upload all the documents in online .

The only certificate we need to submit is surrender certificate. This in new process in OCI now.
Can you pls tell me what are the documents you uploaded online. Thanks in advance.

sraj
Newly Registered

Post by sraj » Thu May 27, 2021 4:16 am

[quote=abhishek7749 post_id=2008989 time=1620552928 user_id=116548]
[quote=sraj post_id=2006351 time=1619425879 user_id=73029]
Hi all
I read in the news that OCI renewal for under 20s is not required anymore, when passport is renewed but copy of new passport and child's photo need to be uploaded on the website within 90 days of passport renewal.
Is there anymore information available regarding where to upload passport copy and photo?
I can't find anything on official websites but it was all over the media 7-10 days ago.
Regards
[/quote]

Following up on the response...
[/quote]

Received an email from MEA that link to update the documents will appear on or after 31st May. Email explains everything about the new process. So just hang in there for few days and we should see the information appear on official website.

Indian 6699
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Indian 6699 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:58 pm

madansowmiya21 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm
Indian 6699 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Can you pls tell me what are the documents you uploaded online. Thanks in advance.
Totally I uploaded 8 documents

1.CUREENT PASSPORT - British passport photo page only

2. Employment Letter - employment letter

3.INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - INDIAN PASSPORT CANCELLED

4.INDIAN VISA - Surrender Certificate

5. Marriage Certificate - Marriage certificate

6.PIO CARD - (ADDRESS PROOF ) UK DRIVING LICENSE + BANK STATEMENT + UTILITY BILL

ONLY UK DRIVING LICENSE IS ENOUGH uploaded
all for safe side .

7. RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE - UK NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE

8.SPOUSE OCI CARD - Spouse OCI photo page + spouse British passport photo page.

That's all .. you need to carry all original just incase if they need . In my case they took only surrender certificate.

mpandey
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mpandey » Fri May 28, 2021 9:59 am

New OCI application for family (2 Adults+ 2 minors)

Application Date: 29/04/2021
VFS Center: Hounslow London
Date of acknowledgment: 30/04/2021
Original docs Received back: 06/05/2021
Documents Printing Status: 20/05/2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI) New Delhi: 20/05/2021
Document received At London: 20/05/2021
Dispatched by VFS: 21/05/2021
OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED: 22/05/2021

Total processing time = 24 days

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 am

Hi all,

I am about to apply for my child's OCI. I mistakenly did not upload the surrender certificate and the registration certificate as it did not have a column for it.

Now I realised that I have to combine and upload the documents.

Do they upload documents on the day of appointment. OR do I have to reapply again for the OCI application.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:19 pm

aby00156 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 am
Hi all,

I am about to apply for my child's OCI. I mistakenly did not upload the surrender certificate and the registration certificate as it did not have a column for it.

Now I realised that I have to combine and upload the documents.

Do they upload documents on the day of appointment. OR do I have to reapply again for the OCI application.
You can re-upload the documents under the same application prior to your appointment. The VFS officer will check the uploaded documents on the day of appointment and might give you a chance to re-upload same day if anything is missing. However assuming you still have time for your appointment, you can re-upload the documents, the photo and the signature image.

TSharma
Newly Registered

Post by TSharma » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 am

Hi all, has anyone received their OCI recently. I want to confirm if we need to submit our passport after the OCI status is updated online or they deliver the OCI card straight to your address? TIA

maneks07
Newly Registered

Post by maneks07 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:54 am

Hi
I need to apply for my OCI. I have all the documents in place except that I seem to have misplaced my Indian passport surrender certificate. Could someone kindly let me know the procedure for getting a duplicate surrender certificate pls? It is urgent. Thanks!

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi all,

For OCI application, do we need a physical print photo, or a digital photo would suffice?

Thanks,
K.