ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAS for student visas and withdrawing the application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rosa_01
Newly Registered
Turkey

Cas number and having to withdraw a visa application

Post by rosa_01 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 am

If you have to withdraw a student visa application before attending to give the biometrics and the appointment at the TLS will the CAS number be shown used ? My university told me they can give it only once to me so I am so worried as when I have filled out the visa application form Turkey was not under full lockdown but the day later full lockdown has happened and the tls contact has told me that if I am not able to book an appointment with them within 60 days my application will be erased from the system. I have contacted my university and they have told me that I should not withdraw my application as my CAS number will show used on the home office system, is it true because I thought that a CAS number needed to be progressed in order to be used ?
I have also completed a visa application form at first but didn't pay my health fees thought I made a mistake but used the cas number , then did another application form with another of my email addresses and filled it and paid the whole fees , I have contacted my uni and they said my cas number seems assigned, would it be a problem ? Please do help me.
Thank you ,
Rosie

rosa_01
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Cas number and having to withdraw a visa application

Post by rosa_01 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 am

I dont actually want to withdraw it but I might need to if I cannot attend the TLS contact in 60 days due to coronavirus as Turkey is under full lockdown right now.

rosa_01
Newly Registered
Turkey

HSBC UK funds statements FOR MY UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION

Post by rosa_01 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Hello, I am currently outside of the UK so all I can reach to show for my UK student visa application as a record of funds is the online statements monthly which HSBC UK is providing me, I have sent them to the university to issue me a CAS and they have accepted it and said that they are fine. Can I use them for my visa application or do they need to be signed and stamped? If so I am not able to go to the UK right now? How can I get them that way? Please do help me if anyone has experienced this problem before. I have tried to contact the home office but they won't answer.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Gonca

rosa_01
Newly Registered
Turkey

CAS for student visas and withdrawing the application

Post by rosa_01 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:34 pm

Hello, if you withdraw your student visa application without submitting your biometrics will your CAS number seem used on the SMS system? If so how can I check if it shows used or not after having to withdraw my student visa application?
Thank you,
Gonca Gulsen

Ashwini14998
Newly Registered
India

Re: CAS for student visas and withdrawing the application

Post by Ashwini14998 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:35 am

Did you receive solution for this, I'm facing the same predicament