ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal in UK - Is E-Aadhar accepted as address proof?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajaysingh1990
Newly Registered
India

Indian Passport Renewal in UK - Is E-Aadhar accepted as address proof?

Post by ajaysingh1990 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm an Indian national. I have an appointment due to renew my Indian Passport in VFS centre in London. I am going for a change of address in the new passport. Has anyone had experience with using E-Aadhar as proof of address?

I don't have the PVC copy of the Aadhar with me here in the UK, as I got my address updated in Aadhar a few months ago through the UIDAI website while here in London. The physical copy was mailed to my home address in India.

Although the website says that Aadhar is accepted as a valid proof of address, I'm a bit worried if they'll accept E-Aadhar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
AJS

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Indian Passport Renewal in UK - Is E-Aadhar accepted as address proof?

Post by mesn » Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am

ajaysingh1990 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 pm
Hi Everyone

I'm an Indian national. I have an appointment due to renew my Indian Passport in VFS centre in London. I am going for a change of address in the new passport. Has anyone had experience with using E-Aadhar as proof of address?

I don't have the PVC copy of the Aadhar with me here in the UK, as I got my address updated in Aadhar a few months ago through the UIDAI website while here in London. The physical copy was mailed to my home address in India.

Although the website says that Aadhar is accepted as a valid proof of address, I'm a bit worried if they'll accept E-Aadhar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
AJS
There is no such thing called an original Aadhar card. E-Aadhar is a valid address proof. You should be able to use it. However, it's simpler and faster to get the passport renewed with the current address. If you are updating your address, I believe there would be an additional address verification step involved.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

ajaysingh1990
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian Passport Renewal in UK - Is E-Aadhar accepted as address proof?

Post by ajaysingh1990 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi Mesn

Many thanks for responding. Yes, you are right that there'd be an additional verification for change in address.

I wanted to get my address updated as my family has shifted houses, and I don't want the old address on the Passport, which is no longer valid.

Best regards
AJS