ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reregistering marriage date possible??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Reregistering marriage date possible??

Post by Shahzeb88 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:57 pm

hi everyone, Hope everyone is keeping safe.
I got married in 2014 and prior was married and got divorced from pakistan.
Got married again 2016 from pakistan but now im thinking to get a decree absolute for my first wife because divorce was a bare talaq and i dont want to get into the hassle of ECO not reconising the divorce which they do alot whicj i wasnt aware at the time otherwise i would have gone through the uk divorce earlier

I wanted to ask if in Pakistan can i reregister a marriage date only not renikkah just the date for the visa purposes so its after decree absolute?
Has anyone got any experience in that?
My solicitor has advised a fiance visa but the problem is money and i feel fiance visa is a hassle because im on pip, because of disability i cant work,
Thank you in advance

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Re: Reregistering marriage date possible??

Post by Shahzeb88 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:37 pm

When submitting oversea documents for spouse visa like marriage, divorce certifcates or anything from abroad is legalising a MUST because i only have copies and not origionals and they are not legalised.
Can that be a reason of refusal?
and for marraige certificate do i have to submit nikkah naama or is marriage registration certifiacte be enough?

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:28 pm

does anyone reply here or not? :|

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:18 am

Instead of ignoring me can anyone just direct me if there are similar threads so i can check.
Ignoring is quite childish tbh

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

Shahzeb88 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:57 pm
hi everyone, Hope everyone is keeping safe.
I got married in 2014 and prior was married and got divorced from pakistan.
Got married again 2016 from pakistan but now im thinking to get a decree absolute for my first wife because divorce was a bare talaq and i dont want to get into the hassle of ECO not reconising the divorce which they do alot whicj i wasnt aware at the time otherwise i would have gone through the uk divorce earlier

I wanted to ask if in Pakistan can i reregister a marriage date only not renikkah just the date for the visa purposes so its after decree absolute?
Has anyone got any experience in that?
My solicitor has advised a fiance visa but the problem is money and i feel fiance visa is a hassle because im on pip, because of disability i cant work,
Thank you in advance
I’m no expert.
Was your first marriage registered in the UK?
And secondly, I’m pretty sure that the union council in Pakistan will not allow you to reregister your nikkah. I think the best thing to do is speak to them about it and whether there is a way around it.

Fiancé visa will require the same documents and criteria as a spouse settlement visa. But yes, the extra cost of the fact you then have to convert that to FLR(m) when married within the 6 months after they’ve arrived, is a hassle I guess.
If your are not working, you will have to meet the ‘adequate finance’ criteria. I can’t remember the calculation but I’m sure someone can help with that.

Nadia

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri May 07, 2021 10:40 am

Found the calculation for adequate maintenance:

A – B ≥ C

A minus B is greater than or equal to C.

A = net income (after deduction of income tax and National Insurance contributions);
B = housing costs (i.e. what needs to be spent on accommodation); and
C = the amount of Income Support that would be received by a British family of equivalent size.

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 am

Thank you for replying, really means alot,
Just one last question
Do my pakistan documents HAVE to be stamped by ministry of foreign affairs?

My current documents are signed by and stamped by a a lawyer in court and some signed by the officer of
muftis/union councils
Thank you in advance

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Shahzeb88 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 am
Thank you for replying, really means alot,
Just one last question

My current documents are signed by and stamped by a a lawyer in court and some signed by the officer of
muftis/union councils
Thank you in advance
I have never read that they must be signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From what you say, they seem fine to submit as they are.

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Ok thank you ever so much

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Shahzeb88 wrote:
Nadbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm
I have never read that they must be signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From what you say, they seem fine to submit as they are.
The term to search for is "apostille".

It seems that Pakistan is not a signatory to the Apostille Treaty anyway, so I think the question is moot.

But wait for others to respond.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:50 am

thank you for replying,
Is applying for a spouse visa complicated?
Im thinking of applying for my wife visa without a solicitor
Ive got all my documents to hand,
What documents Cant be more that 28 days older when applying?

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm
Shahzeb88 wrote:
Nadbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm
The term to search for is "apostille".

It seems that Pakistan is not a signatory to the Apostille Treaty anyway, so I think the question is moot.

But wait for others to respond.
Surely that cant be a reason of refusal if they not stamped by ministry of foreign affairs,
I would get them done but i only have photocopies and they only stamp origionals

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 am

Apostille is not mandatory provided the marriage was recognised under the law where it took place, it is automatically valid here in the UK. UKVI can carry out checks whether the marriage certificate is fake with the relevant authorities.

See Appendix FM-SE

Evidence of Marriage or Civil Partnerships
22. A marriage in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a valid marriage certificate recognised under the laws of England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
23. A divorce in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a decree absolute from a civil court.
24. A civil partnership in the United Kingdom must be evidenced by a civil partnership certificate.
25. The dissolution of a civil partnership in the UK must be evidenced by a final order of civil partnership dissolution from a civil court.
26. Marriages, civil partnerships or evidence of divorce or dissolution from outside the UK must be evidenced by a reasonable equivalent to the evidence detailed in paragraphs 22 to 25, valid under the law in force in the relevant country.

GEN.1.5." If the Entry Clearance Officer, or Secretary of State, has reasonable cause to doubt the genuineness of any document submitted in support of an application, and having taken reasonable steps to verify the document, is unable to verify that it is genuine, the document will be discounted for the purposes of the application."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:57 am

thank you so much for the detailed reply