ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by CR001 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 am

Mr_Knight wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:48 pm
I have seen recently uploaded adverts from the Facebook & Twitter accounts from the Irish Citizeninfo pages advertising the FBR process & adverts from Irish solicitors xxxxxxxxxxxx advertising their expertise in Irish citizenship by decent. It seems strange that if the process has been paused why are they recently uploading these adverts this week? Hopefully they know something we don't.
Members are not permitted to post names or details of solicitors on the forum. The name firm has been removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Sat May 08, 2021 11:40 am

Foreign Birth Registrations

The routine processing of Foreign Birth Registrations is currently paused.

If you have an urgent query, such as you are an expectant parent, please contact us through WebChat.
This is, at least, a small positive update

amiclvrt
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by amiclvrt » Sun May 09, 2021 6:01 am

brainiacghost wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:40 am
Foreign Birth Registrations

The routine processing of Foreign Birth Registrations is currently paused.

If you have an urgent query, such as you are an expectant parent, please contact us through WebChat.
This is, at least, a small positive update
No update. The website has said that since December 2020.

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Sun May 09, 2021 9:18 am

Muscat wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:00 pm
Sooze wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:48 pm
Hi All, its been a few months since I last posted and I have no good news. :(

I'm glad to see that some mid 2019s are getting their certificates through now. My timeline is I applied to FBR for my children in December 2019 and got the acknowledgement emails on 27th December 2019 and no comms since. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone is working lots of overtime in the office to get things moving - the backlog must be enormous!
I’m just a little ahead - email on 23rd Dec 2019. Hopefully we’ve done most of our waiting now
Fingers crossed Muscat! Please update if you hear so I can check the spam folder on my email as that's where the original emails went!

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Mon May 10, 2021 12:23 am

Today is May 10th. I hope everyone has good news

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon May 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Well, since it's been 5 months since I last heard from Team 1 asking me to confirm my mailing address I decided to send them another reply reaffirming that my mailing address hasn't changed. Can't hurt LOL

jgclancy

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:20 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 3:15 pm
Well, since it's been 5 months since I last heard from Team 1 asking me to confirm my mailing address I decided to send them another reply reaffirming that my mailing address hasn't changed. Can't hurt LOL

jgclancy
The worst thing is they don't reply. I am sure your documents are in post somewhere.

All the best

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Tue May 11, 2021 5:52 pm

Does anyone know that the FBR is working? :| :|

Celtic67
Newly Registered

Post by Celtic67 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:55 pm

The FBR team is working on other tasks as only a 1/3 rd of the floor staff are on the floor working due to social distancing measures in the workplace. So 2/3rds of the staff are working remotely from home and cannot access documents to process applications. Only passports on line is being progressed, hopefully when the risk is deemed low enough to allow all staff back into the office the FBR processing will be restarted and we may see some progress. Its awaiting game... :|

anthonydoh
Newly Registered

Post by anthonydoh » Wed May 12, 2021 1:48 am

Just an update (or lack of it).

Applied May 2019 for my kids, documents received May 31, 2019.

Got an email on October 19, 2020, demanding I send updated photos within 28 days or they would cancel the application (never mind that I live 3,000 miles away and there is a global pandemic). I sent them off immediately by courier and Ireland went back into lockdown as the photos were in transit. Somebody eventually signed for them on November 12. That's 6 months ago and I'm still waiting.

I grew up in Ireland and so I have suitably low expectations for a competent civil service but this is something else.

I just sent them an email so we'll see what happens but I'm not prepared to wait much longer before escalating it.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Wed May 12, 2021 8:56 am

anthonydoh wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:48 am
Just an update (or lack of it).

Applied May 2019 for my kids, documents received May 31, 2019.

Got an email on October 19, 2020, demanding I send updated photos within 28 days or they would cancel the application (never mind that I live 3,000 miles away and there is a global pandemic). I sent them off immediately by courier and Ireland went back into lockdown as the photos were in transit. Somebody eventually signed for them on November 12. That's 6 months ago and I'm still waiting.

I grew up in Ireland and so I have suitably low expectations for a competent civil service but this is something else.

I just sent them an email so we'll see what happens but I'm not prepared to wait much longer before escalating it.
Did they ask for them to be stamped/signed? I think Im in same bought but never received such query so I should be ready anytime soon

anthonydoh
Newly Registered

Post by anthonydoh » Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm

No, they did not ask for them to be signed. In fact, they explicitly stated "these photographs are not required to be witnessed".

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Does anyone know how to contact the FBR?

msry5cw2
Newly Registered

Post by msry5cw2 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:00 am

Hi @anthonydoh I am exactly the same but 2 months behind you started the process in jul 2019 and got and email dec 2020 asking for updated photos for my little one. absolutely nothing since hoping im just near the top of the pile when they reopen. the lack of communication and access to documents i find really stressful

Stompy
Newly Registered

Post by Stompy » Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I've had a scan through the more recent pages of this thread but can't find the precise answer I'm looking for.

I applied online for an FB1A a while ago (December 2019) but have only just managed to actually pull all the documentation together (my sister is applying at the same time, sharing the parent/grandparent docs, and had trouble getting witnessed documents).

With the current closure due to COVID19, should I send in the documentation now or wait until they are back open? If I send it now will they just hold it and process it when ready?

Thanks

anthonydoh
Newly Registered

Post by anthonydoh » Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm

msry5cw2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:00 am
Hi @anthonydoh I am exactly the same but 2 months behind you started the process in jul 2019 and got and email dec 2020 asking for updated photos for my little one. absolutely nothing since hoping im just near the top of the pile when they reopen. the lack of communication and access to documents i find really stressful
Yes, their communication is severely lacking. I contacted them on the webchat back around July / August when they were open for a brief time. I was told that "the application is being processed in the order it was received". Which is clearly false because even at that point in time there were numerous applications that had gone in after my kids and been processed.

When they went back into lockdown, after I had sent them updated photos, I put my query into the passport service webchat (not the FBR webchat as that was closed). The person on the chat told me that the Cork office (where I had been told to send the photos) does not even process FBR applications. I assume that's wrong but that's the last communication I have had from them. Utterly ridiculous.

I hope you get a positive update very soon.

FrozenTundra
United States of America

Post by FrozenTundra » Sat May 15, 2021 12:17 pm

FrozenTundra wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:30 am
I got tired/bored of waiting, so dropped off the application for my son with the USPS today. They said it would take 5-6 business days to get from the United States to Ireland.

Application submitted: April 13th, 2021

I am hoping that this entire process (including Irish passport) is completed before 2024 (i.e. by December 31st, 2023), but given how backlogged they are I'm not holding my breath. Fingers crossed though!
At the glacial rate this is going, my original hope of having this done before 2024 looks way too optimistic. Despite submitting everything before my son was 4 months old, it is quite conceivable that he won't have an Irish passport until he is 3 year old.

We'll be fine (we all has US passports and live in the US so won't affect us materially), but that's a tad bit absurd for processing time. Especially since we might want to have a second kid in the next year, meaning I either have to reorder all the documents to submit that child's FBR or wait until my son's FBR documents are returned.

Corkythecat

Post by Corkythecat » Sun May 16, 2021 10:44 am

Stompy wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I've had a scan through the more recent pages of this thread but can't find the precise answer I'm looking for.

I applied online for an FB1A a while ago (December 2019) but have only just managed to actually pull all the documentation together (my sister is applying at the same time, sharing the parent/grandparent docs, and had trouble getting witnessed documents).

With the current closure due to COVID19, should I send in the documentation now or wait until they are back open? If I send it now will they just hold it and process it when ready?

Thanks
Hi

The website is still advising not to send supporting documentation

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/born-abr ... ign-birth/

Best of luck for when things do reopen

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 am

I saw on twitter (irish passport official account) that the fbr office maaaaay open sometime late in summer when responding to some inquiries. lollololo

Welcome to wreck ireland

AP1972
Newly Registered

Post by AP1972 » Thu May 20, 2021 12:34 pm

FBR are working....
FBR confirmation exactly 3 years since the process started (allowing for 3 months to collect documents and prepare translations)
- August 2018 application and documentation submission (to the Embassy)
- May 2021 confirmation to be included on FBR register
What happened in the intervening months and years....
Anyway, it good the process is now centralized with documentation submission to Ireland, may save others many months distress.
Good luck all, its good to see the system moving again

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 am

What are you talking about? In english pls.

As of today, FBR is still closed and no plans to restart before august.

And here is a note from there website:

Processing of Foreign Birth registrations is paused as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.

Please do not send supporting documentation as these cannot be processed at this time.

Foirus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Foirus » Sat May 22, 2021 5:35 pm

After receiving a notice of receipt of my application from the FBR office on Jul 4th, 2019, I heard nothing further. Today I did an extensive search in my deleted, spam and archived email files and found a message from Oct 2020 asking for clarification of certain items of information and indicating that no reply within 28 days would result in my application being returned to me. I have not had my application package returned. I did immediately respond to the email via email, however, I do not know if anyone monitors that email address. Some of the info they requested would not have been available since all government offices in Ohio were closed for COVID.

I plan to attempt to answer their inquiries but it may take some time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do at this point? Thanks.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am

Wow, this is sad. Out of curiosity, what is the email address they sent to you from so I add it to safe list.

What you can do is to respond to that email/clarification by post saying you received it in spam hence you messed it. Am sure many mentioned the spam story so nothing new to fbr team.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am

Foirus wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:35 pm
After receiving a notice of receipt of my application from the FBR office on Jul 4th, 2019, I heard nothing further. Today I did an extensive search in my deleted, spam and archived email files and found a message from Oct 2020 asking for clarification of certain items of information and indicating that no reply within 28 days would result in my application being returned to me. I have not had my application package returned. I did immediately respond to the email via email, however, I do not know if anyone monitors that email address. Some of the info they requested would not have been available since all government offices in Ohio were closed for COVID.

I plan to attempt to answer their inquiries but it may take some time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do at this point? Thanks.
Foirus, maybe you can contact the passport office via chat. Sometimes they are available but no guarantees. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Foirus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Foirus » Mon May 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am
Wow, this is sad. Out of curiosity, what is the email address they sent to you from so I add it to safe list.

What you can do is to respond to that email/clarification by post saying you received it in spam hence you messed it. Am sure many mentioned the spam story so nothing new to fbr team.
fbrclarification@dfa.ie I provided an explanation in my email, however, I have no idea what this means to them. The opacity here is staggering.