ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thai Birth Cert

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JohnX
Ireland

Thai Birth Cert

Post by JohnX » Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am

Hi,

My Thai wife's birth cert has only the first names of her father and mother, no surnames. Will this be acceptable when she applies for citizenship ?. Her Thai passport and ID have her father's name, also her Irish IRP card.

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Thai Birth Cert

Post by toby2020 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:28 pm

My wife just got her birth cert translated in Bangkok and i had a look and it gives name and surname of both parents, did you get it translated in Thailand or Ireland?

My wife will be applying for citizenship at end of year.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Get a replacement birth certificate showing surnames of parents. This maybe a result of simple printing error or negligence of staff when birth certificate was issued.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Sat May 08, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi,

Got the cert in Thailand and translated in Thailand (Chiang Mai). At time just assumed it was a "Thai" thing and did not worry, but now not so sure. Obtaining a replacement would I believe require a trip back to Thailand :(

Thanks for replies

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Embassy of Thailand should be able to assist. Even if it require going to Thailand, better to do that and rest assured everything is in order than worrying about potential problems that could arise.