ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Source of funds for Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Likana
Newly Registered
Russia

Source of funds for Tier 1

Post by Likana » Thu May 06, 2021 3:51 am

Hi all. Been following this forum and found a lot if helpful information when applying both times. Thank you so so much all taking time to answer.

My issue is. I am on 50K route. Since June 2020. My business plan was initially a food takeaway. But for covid I had to chill for a while and meanwhile was a self employed for one 3d party and provided services as a one man band Ltd to another third party. The first question is if I can be a self employed at all as now I gave started to doubt it.

The second question is I tried to send several times my own 100% clear funds (my savings from working in a big international company) from Russia to here and for whatever reasons the funds were all the time returned by the correspondent bank without explanations. So my friend provided a declaration for me that she will invest in my business. Now because of covid her situation has changed anyway and she cannot do it any longer.
Meanwhile I brought some 20K during my flights (up to 10K usd in any currency is allowed) and earned an additional +20K on them on shares and crypto (on hsbc and binance platforms, so all transparent). Plus I earned some money while working and paying myself dividends and I keep saving and will shortly have 50K, but I am ready to invest part already.

So the second question is if the money earned inside the country is OK to be invested as a directors' loan. Is it a problem that part of this money came in an airplane (remember I had no choice and in case of necessity I can show failed multiple transfers as well as statements of withdrawing money before flights as well as a statement of the bank that the money is clear (the bank is one of top 3 banks in Russia, so a reputable one)? Is it a problem that some other part of funds come as dividends from the company in which I will invest?

Thank you in advance!!! You are doing a great job ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

marcnath

Re: Source of funds for Tier 1

Post by marcnath » Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Likana wrote: โ†‘
Thu May 06, 2021 3:51 am
Hi all. Been following this forum and found a lot if helpful information when applying both times. Thank you so so much all taking time to answer.

My issue is. I am on 50K route. Since June 2020. My business plan was initially a food takeaway. But for covid I had to chill for a while and meanwhile was a self employed for one 3d party and provided services as a one man band Ltd to another third party. The first question is if I can be a self employed at all as now I gave started to doubt it.
Yes, you can be self employed. But it depends on what the nature of self employment is. If it is similar to a job (delivery for Amazon, for example) then you have already breached the terms of your Visa.
Thu May 06, 2021 3:51 am
The second question is I tried to send several times my own 100% clear funds (my savings from working in a big international company) from Russia to here and for whatever reasons the funds were all the time returned by the correspondent bank without explanations. So my friend provided a declaration for me that she will invest in my business. Now because of covid her situation has changed anyway and she cannot do it any longer.
Meanwhile I brought some 20K during my flights (up to 10K usd in any currency is allowed) and earned an additional +20K on them on shares and crypto (on hsbc and binance platforms, so all transparent). Plus I earned some money while working and paying myself dividends and I keep saving and will shortly have 50K, but I am ready to invest part already.

So the second question is if the money earned inside the country is OK to be invested as a directors' loan. Is it a problem that part of this money came in an airplane (remember I had no choice and in case of necessity I can show failed multiple transfers as well as statements of withdrawing money before flights as well as a statement of the bank that the money is clear (the bank is one of top 3 banks in Russia, so a reputable one)? Is it a problem that some other part of funds come as dividends from the company in which I will invest?

Thank you in advance!!! You are doing a great job ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Yes, money earned in the country and money brought in personally is fine
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Likana
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Likana » Sat May 08, 2021 11:45 am

Thank you for the reply! So can I be self employed as translator /interpreter / doing marketing researches and other admin stuff for two companies with monthly fees from each and an uber type of real estate viewing agent for another company (meaning picking up orders posted online and I earn as much as I have picked up)? Two different activities / three clients together make it obvious it is self employed, don't they?

Thank you!!!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 am

Sat May 08, 2021 11:45 am
Thank you for the reply! So can I be self employed as translator /interpreter / doing marketing researches and other admin stuff for two companies with monthly fees from each and an uber type of real estate viewing agent for another company (meaning picking up orders posted online and I earn as much as I have picked up)? Two different activities / three clients together make it obvious it is self employed, don't they?

Thank you!!!
It is very difficult to say unless you go into the details of the work you are doing and how you are doing it.
But the examples you have quoted can be in breach of the Visa conditions.
Go through Annex A, clause A41 in the guidance.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Likana
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Likana » Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 am

Thank you a million times! :)