ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New red list with a fiancé visa?!?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sun_Z

New red list with a fiancé visa?!?

Post by Sun_Z » Fri May 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Hello,

Myself and my partner are awaiting an outcome on her fiancé visa. However with the new traffic light system today it has been announced her country will now be on the red list.

Considering the rules say people with residency rights can come to the U.K. from a red list country:

Does a fiancé visa fall under this? I cannot find any information from official sources.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: New red list with a fiancé visa?!?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 07, 2021 11:58 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:35 pm
Hello,

Myself and my partner are awaiting an outcome on her fiancé visa. However with the new traffic light system today it has been announced her country will now be on the red list.

Considering the rules say people with residency rights can come to the U.K. from a red list country:

Does a fiancé visa fall under this? I cannot find any information from official sources.
The fiancée visa does not confer residency rights however it is a pathway to residency.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 am

So is that a yes or a no at the U.K. border?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 08, 2021 9:03 am

I believe it will be a No (most likely at the airport itself, i.e. it is highly likely that your fiance will not be allowed to board the plane).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 am

But we couldn’t get married because of covid?! Our whole plan was to get married in her country and apply for a spouse visa.

It’s a short term residency leading to a long term. Surely it can’t be a straight no? Or else that constitutes strange and unusual punishment.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 am
But we couldn’t get married because of covid?! Our whole plan was to get married in her country and apply for a spouse visa.

It’s a short term residency leading to a long term. Surely it can’t be a straight no? Or else that constitutes strange and unusual punishment.
No they will deem it public safety. You may have to look for alternative routes or wait till it is clear to travel.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 08, 2021 3:51 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 am
strange and unusual punishment
That is an American law concept, irrelevant to the UK.

And as @alana7 mentions above, governments in Europe generally have a wide latitude when it comes to public safety.

Is there any reason that it is so urgent for you to get married and for her to move to the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

Yes, I’ve not seen my partner for more than 8 months.

So I’ve researched it and apparently people have been let into the U.K. with a fiancé visa from red list countries. Can we get a definitive answer on this please?

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am

Sun_Z wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

So I’ve researched it and apparently people have been let into the U.K. with a fiancé visa from red list countries. Can we get a definitive answer on this please?
Same here. I just want to be with him so we can married! Been waiting for this day for over a year! Haven’t seen him since Nov 😔

I’ve been told as well that he should be allowed in as it’s classed as a ‘family visa’. On the visa itself I think it shows as visa type as D - Marriage (not 100% certain, but saw a photo of someone who had been granted a fiancé visa).

Once he collects his passport we will be booking a flight. I’m prepared to take the risk as I’m certain he should be able to enter.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sun May 09, 2021 9:44 am

Nadbo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am
Sun_Z wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

Same here. I just want to be with him so we can married! Been waiting for this day for over a year! Haven’t seen him since Nov 😔

I’ve been told as well that he should be allowed in as it’s classed as a ‘family visa’. On the visa itself I think it shows as visa type as D - Marriage (not 100% certain, but saw a photo of someone who had been granted a fiancé visa).

Once he collects his passport we will be booking a flight. I’m prepared to take the risk as I’m certain he should be able to enter.
Exactly. There is a rush of course, because I’ve spent so much time separated from the person I love more than anything.

Any idea when he’ll get it? We’re hoping for a decision in the next few weeks. What part of the world is he coming from?

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun May 09, 2021 11:00 am

Exactly. There is a rush of course, because I’ve spent so much time separated from the person I love more than anything.

Any idea when he’ll get it? We’re hoping for a decision in the next few weeks. What part of the world is he coming from?
[/quote]

Ikr? It’s horrible being apart and then all the other things that come along with application process, the waiting is horrible!

We have finally received and email that the decision has been made. We applied in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Application: 13 Jan
Biometrics: 10th Feb
Application being prepared for consideration: 4th April
Called on 29th April and they confirmed a decision has been made.
Decision email: 6th May.
Passport collection: delayed until 17th May as VFS centre closed due to national lockdown in Pakistan next week.

So hopefully not much longer, another week or so!

What about yours? Hopefully it goes well and you get an answer soon.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am

We’re still waiting on a decision :( applied 2 months ago now.

Could you please keep us updated how your husband goes on with a fiancé visa at the border?

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sun May 09, 2021 11:17 am

Sorry that should read partner rather than husband.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun May 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Sun_Z wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am
We’re still waiting on a decision :( applied 2 months ago now.

Could you please keep us updated how your husband goes on with a fiancé visa at the border?
I will do. I’m looking into him coming through Bahrain, as it’s not too difficult for him to get a tourism visa with a Pakistani passport. It’ll be a lot cheaper. Morocco is also another option. We’ll have to see I guess.

Will let you k ow how it goes.

Where have you applied from?
All the best for yours too.

Sun_Z

Post by Sun_Z » Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Turkey so it’s a similar area I guess.

It’s shocking how much these policies are tearing families apart, two years ago it would be unbelievable :shock: