ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

previous UK immigrant applications

Post by nqazi » Mon May 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi there
I have received IRL in Dec 2018 and now I am in process of making the application for naturalization. While filling the form I came across this question :
Have you made any previous UK immigrant applications in the UK or abroad.

1. Actually I first entered the UK on student VISA for my Ph.D. studies in 2004 and then during the Ph.D. studies I applied for leave to remain multiple times which was approved. My question is do this VISA application as a student also come under UK immigrant application and consequently should I give details of it, if yes what details.

2. After completing my Ph.D. I went back and from my country2009, I applied for a Post-study work VISA sometime in 2011 which was approved I came to the UK however after few months I got a job in Ireland so I went to Ireland. My question is, does this post-study work visa application come under the immigrant application, and consequently, should I give details of it, if yes what details.

3. Finally from Ireland I applied for Tier 2 General in 2013 to start the job at the university of ulster and IT was approved, then I later applied for Tier 2 General in 2014 and 2018 when I switched job, my question is do these applications comes under UK immigrant application and consequently should I give details of it, if yes what details.

Your advice comments are highly appreciated
Kind Regards
NHQAZI

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: previous UK immigrant applications

Post by CR001 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:20 pm

You have to list ALL visas and visa extensions and ILR applications you have made,in the UK or abroad. The question is quite clear what you need to provide
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Criminal conviction

Post by nqazi » Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi there
I am living in the UK on ILR and now filing an application for naturalization, While filling the application for naturalization I came across the following question :

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offense, for example, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I never had any of these but I do have a penalty charge notice, as I am a new driver so this mistake occurred due to my inexperience.
1. 2019 touching bus lane and I paid the penalty within the time
2. 2020 for by mistake entering and stopping in a box when prohibited. I paid my penalty within time do I need to show it

My question is Do I need to give the details of this PCN in answering the above question.
Your comments are highly appreciated
Regards
NQazi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Criminal conviction

Post by CR001 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions in one topic. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 pm

nqazi wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 pm
Hi there
I am living in the UK on ILR and now filing an application for naturalization, While filling the application for naturalization I came across the following question :

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offense, for example, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I never had any of these but I do have a penalty charge notice, as I am a new driver so this mistake occurred due to my inexperience.
1. 2019 touching bus lane and I paid the penalty within the time
2. 2020 for by mistake entering and stopping in a box when prohibited. I paid my penalty within time do I need to show it

My question is Do I need to give the details of this PCN in answering the above question.
Your comments are highly appreciated
Regards
NQazi
No need to declare this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Name in which you made the application

Post by nqazi » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:03 pm

Dear Sir
I am filling out the naturalization form. For the immigration history there is a question :
Name in which you made the application:
my question is should I fill my name or visa category such as Tier1 etc... in response to this question.
My second question is "Enter your reference number if known"
I have reference numbers mentioned on my visa or BRP, can I put these reference numbers to answer this question.
How important it is to give the date of application and the date when the fingerprint is taken as I do not remember most of them.
Kind Regards
Nqazi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name in which you made the application

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:18 pm

nqazi wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Dear Sir
I am filling out the naturalization form. For the immigration history there is a question :
Name in which you made the application:
my question is should I fill my name or visa category such as Tier1 etc... in response to this question.
My second question is "Enter your reference number if known"
I have reference numbers mentioned on my visa or BRP, can I put these reference numbers to answer this question.
How important it is to give the date of application and the date when the fingerprint is taken as I do not remember most of them.
Kind Regards
Nqazi
It is YOUR name, not the visa category name
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nqazi » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:29 pm

Thank you for replying, Can you please also suggest what needs to be mentioned for these questions:
1. My second question is "Enter your reference number if known" (is it the BPR number)
2. for date of application , can i mention the date when the VISA was approved as mentioned on my BRP

Regards
NQazi

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:51 pm

nqazi wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:29 pm
1. My second question is "Enter your reference number if known" (is it the BPR number) "If known" or use BRP number
2. for date of application , can i mention the date when the VISA was approved as mentioned on my BRP Approval date if that's what you have.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Proof of living in the UK for Naturalisation

Post by nqazi » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 am

Hi there
I got my ILR in Jan in 2019, Now I have applied for my Naturalisation. started living in UK in August 2013.
As part of the document I also need to provide "Proof of living in the UK for 5 years".
I wonder what documents should I provide?
if it is a passport, then should I provide all of my previous passports as my new passport is issued in 2020
King regards
nqaz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:10 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Topics merged. Please keep all your questions in one topic. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of living in the UK for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:11 am

nqazi wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:06 am
Hi there
I got my ILR in Jan in 2019, Now I have applied for my Naturalisation. started living in UK in August 2013.
As part of the document I also need to provide "Proof of living in the UK for 5 years".
I wonder what documents should I provide?
if it is a passport, then should I provide all of my previous passports as my new passport is issued in 2020
King regards
nqaz
All passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)