ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company director/ self-employed - supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunshine010101
Poland

Limited company director/ self-employed - supporting documents

Post by sunshine010101 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:11 am

Hi everyone

1. I am in process of filling in the AN application and marked myself as "director". Hopefully this is right, as I am self-employed but made this choice. Do you agree?

2. I have my SA 302 which is recent tax account statement but I am not sure if I should present also a Self Assessment summary and statement account. Anyone in the similar situation?

3. I also have VAT registration certificate ready as well as Incorporation certificate, would all these documents be necessary to submit?

4. 10 year employment history - I have worked since 2014, should I say that I only arrived to UK 7 years ago?

Thanks everyone for feedback.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Limited company director/ self-employed - supporting documents

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 pm

1) Are you registered as self employed or take salary via PAYE?

2) If you are registered as self-employed, you should submit latest self assessment tax return.

3) No

4) You must provide details for UK employment during the last 10 years (if any). If you are in UK for less than 10 years, provide details for the period you had any employment in UK for that period. Employment status is irrelevant for Naturalisation but you should declare all (if any) employment in UK in the last 10 years.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Self-employed applicants
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_2021.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Thank you so much for all the helpful information I got on this forum.

I have one more question about naturalisation application.

I would like to find out please if it is worth to do joint application for British citizenship (my husband and I) and add on my child's MN1 application too - 3 applications in total - 2xAN + MN1.

I know the price is the same with single or joint applications. I only wonder how does it look for practical perspective of applications.

What worked best for you? Individual or joint?

Thanks

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 pm
1) Are you registered as self employed or take salary via PAYE?

2) If you are registered as self-employed, you should submit latest self assessment tax return.

3) No

4) You must provide details for UK employment during the last 10 years (if any). If you are in UK for less than 10 years, provide details for the period you had any employment in UK for that period. Employment status is irrelevant for Naturalisation but you should declare all (if any) employment in UK in the last 10 years.
All clarified, thank you so much.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 8:03 pm

sunshine010101 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 pm
Thank you so much for all the helpful information I got on this forum.

I have one more question about naturalisation application.

I would like to find out please if it is worth to do joint application for British citizenship (my husband and I) and add on my child's MN1 application too - 3 applications in total - 2xAN + MN1.

I know the price is the same with single or joint applications. I only wonder how does it look for practical perspective of applications.

What worked best for you? Individual or joint?

Thanks
Make a joint application with all family members in one account. Although, each application is accessed on its own merits (no dependent concept) and there is no guarantee that all applications will be processed together (but majority do), it will make your life easier at future steps i.e. booking biometrics, uploading documents, attending a ceremony (adults) etc.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Make sure when you add the child in the same account as a family member, choose the right option i.e. “child below 18.” The form will adapt to MN1 automatically then.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for the helpful replies.

More questions come up :) Is the proof of address needed for British naturalisation application or biometrics appointment?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm

sunshine010101 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:45 pm
Thank you so much for the helpful replies.

More questions come up :) Is the proof of address needed for British naturalisation application or biometrics appointment?

Thanks.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Following my British naturalisation application I have few more questions please about employment details:
1. Are you currently employed? (I want to say: YES) I am currently company director of my own limited company.
I submit tax returns, I am on a payroll.
2. What is my type of employment (I would like to say Self Employed and Director) Is that correct?
I was not aware earlier when I asked this question that I can mark both options.
3. I am considering the cover letter because:
a. on my latest statement there is £100 late filing penalty which was cancelled and refunded to me (I have proof)
b. on my latest simple assessment PA302 there is outstanding tax notification which I paid on time and I have a proof
c. I'm currently in process of completing my VAT return but I have no overdue payments

I'm not sure if I'm going into too many details but I thought I should be transparent. Are all the details necessary?

4. Do the referees have to sign the back of the photos on the declarations and how do I scan them to proof signatures on the back of the photos? Can I just scan one page with the photo showing and one with the signature showing?

5. Can I use 1 e-mail address for all 3 applications as I am going to do the joint application as family

Many thanks for all the replies.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 8:37 pm

sunshine010101 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm
Following my British naturalisation application I have few more questions please about employment details:
1. Are you currently employed? (I want to say: YES) I am currently company director of my own limited company.
I submit tax returns, I am on a payroll.
Select yes
2. What is my type of employment (I would like to say Self Employed and Director) Is that correct?
I was not aware earlier when I asked this question that I can mark both options.
Select director and employee
3. I am considering the cover letter because:
a. on my latest statement there is £100 late filing penalty which was cancelled and refunded to me (I have proof)
b. on my latest simple assessment PA302 there is outstanding tax notification which I paid on time and I have a proof
c. I'm currently in process of completing my VAT return but I have no overdue payments
You do NOT need to submit any of 3(b)(b)(c). In your case you only need to mention employer’s PAY ref number in the online form. No documents needed.

I'm not sure if I'm going into too many details but I thought I should be transparent. Are all the details necessary?
NO

4. Do the referees have to sign the back of the photos on the declarations and how do I scan them to proof signatures on the back of the photos? Can I just scan one page with the photo showing and one with the signature showing?
Follow as the form says. The form is not updated since online system can in place. Just scan and upload. Keep originals safe till a decision is made.

5. Can I use 1 e-mail address for all 3 applications as I am going to do the joint application as family
One email address is important that you registered to create the MAIN account. You can use the same.

Many thanks for all the replies.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:01 am

I am doing the AN application today and should I say that there is some special circumstances for me to become British citizen if I do not meet the statutory rights. This is one of the last questions on the application
I want to say NO as I know that I am meeting all the criteria.
Is that right?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:34 pm

In your case no would the right answer.
This question is for cases where applicants would fail automatically due to not meeting statutory requirements, but they may have additional information as to why they should still be approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 pm

I submitted the application and scanned most of my documents already today.

Just checked on Biometric appointments and there are no dates in near future, any tricks how to get date sooner? I even tried the placess that are quite far away... no luck

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 4:35 pm

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 pm

I am just worried that waiting for the outcome of the application will be much longer because my biometrics appointment seems to be in 4-6 weeks at the earliest. I will submit my application today.
Is the application under consideration from the time of submission or from biometrics appointment?

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Thank you so much. I just noticed your reply after I posted again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm

sunshine010101 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 pm
I am just worried that waiting for the outcome of the application will be much longer because my biometrics appointment seems to be in 4-6 weeks at the earliest. I will submit my application today.
Is the application under consideration from the time of submission or from biometrics appointment?
Standard processing is 6 months. These days biometrics appointments take 28 days normally. The whole process can take 6-12 months (corona delays). Hang in there.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Thanks so much. I don't know what I would do without this forum.

1. Just before submission I went through the check list and found that I need to submit the certificate BUT
I read AN guidelines and found that "tests taken on or after 6 April 2015, you do not
need to supply any evidence of the English language test. You must provide
the unique reference number (URN) on your application form" - which I did. My certificate is still on the way to me. So confusing.

2. I also wonder that happens if I will forget to upload any documents. Would they still be accepted at biometrics? I worry too much I guess, I think I have everything now.

Thanks a million again x

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm

1) You can upload the certificate before biometrics appointment.

2) Read the link I provided in my previous post for the answer.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:11 am

I just want to say big thank you to Cullinan!! My frustrations are over :) Following your excellent advice I have managed to book biometrics appointment for me, my husband and son in my local service point! After 2 sleepless nights :)
I booked today at 6.45 am. I paid £214.50 (3x£71.50) which I consider a bargain since I don't have to travel far and the appointment is in the first week of June - just before my holiday :) I waited since 4.30 AM and at 6.40 AM few appointments showed up.
They were free appointments available at around 1AM but not in the centres I was hoping for and they were quickly booked up. This is a game for patient applicants and fingers crossed for everyone looking to book biometrics.

Thanks again for the valuable help to all the other gurus in this stressful process.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Welcome and good luck!!

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 pm
Welcome and good luck!!
Hi

Following up on my application, I received the e-mail today notifying that the checks of the files have been done:

"Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website.
Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
Checked that all documents are legible
Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
Checked for any obvious missing pages
Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
As a result of these checks, we recommend that you do the following prior to arriving at your appointment:

Mandatory documents missing. The following mandatory supporting documents could not be found, please ensure that ahead of your appointment you scan and upload these documents to the correct category:
Please upload evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period to the 'Other' category. This should be evidence that you were a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person.

If you spent some of your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period as a student or a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), please upload a copy of your CSI policy to the 'Other' category. Please note this is only applicable if you had or currently have a CSI policy."

I just noticed that I have uploaded required documents into category: "Sponsors/Employment" instead.
I will see if I can still upload them into the "Other" category.

Is that a major issue that the documents are in the wrong category?

My biometric appointment is tomorrow.

Please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:43 pm

No. This documents checking service is a waste. UKVCAS staff just follow the checklist knowing very little/nil about the requirements. As long you upload your documents in any category you are okay.
For you peace of mind, just upload the same file again in the “other” folder as advised, UKVCAS staff will submit for you tomorrow. No worries.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:43 pm
No. This documents checking service is a waste. UKVCAS staff just follow the checklist knowing very little/nil about the requirements. As long you upload your documents in any category you are okay.
For you peace of mind, just upload the same file again in the “other” folder as advised, UKVCAS staff will submit for you tomorrow. No worries.
Thank you so much for such a quick response.