ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) non applying children BRITISH

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roola80
Newly Registered

FLR (M) non applying children BRITISH

Post by roola80 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 am

hi, I need advice I,m making an application FLR M, I'm confused about answering the question about adding my/our child(British).
can anyone answer do I have to add my British child s details.
I add the question below which is going to be more clear and give you a better idea to advise me.
in addition to the above, my husband has a son from previous marriage however my husband doesn't have any details of his son as he got separated from his previous marriage 10 years ago.

the question is: Non applying children
Does Mr (husband's name) have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?

thanks

vinny

Re: FLR (M) non applying children BRITISH

Post by vinny » Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 am

If he has other children in the UK that are not applying on this application, then I think he should answer “yes”. Explain circumstances, if necessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 09, 2021 1:00 pm

roola80 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 am
hi, I need advice I,m making an application FLR M, I'm confused about answering the question about adding my/our child(British).
can anyone answer do I have to add my British child s details.
I add the question below which is going to be more clear and give you a better idea to advise me.
in addition to the above, my husband has a son from previous marriage however my husband doesn't have any details of his son as he got separated from his previous marriage 10 years ago.

the question is: Non applying children
Does Mr (husband's name) have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application? You have to be honest and answer yes but write a cover letter to explain the current situation and I would assume he has his son date of birth.

thanks
Yes, you will need to add your British child information to the application although they are not applying you but the application form ask if you have any child below 18 if I remember correctly.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

rlstlatom
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Extension Add dependent on parent or Separate application and Non Applying Children

Post by rlstlatom » Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 am

HI,

Initially me and my dependent son of 10 years age travelled to UK on Leave to enter visa now I am applying for FLR M Extension (Leave to remain). As I was applying online there were couple of questions which I haven't got a clue on so please advise.

1st question is shall I add my dependent son on my application as it asks if you want to add any dependent children so should I add him on my application or don’t add him.
Apply separately as a Parent or Child?

2nd question here is a section where it says non applying children what does it mean as I have only one son dependent who travelled with me on Leave to enter so what do I select whether yes or no?
Non applying children
Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?
Are all of your children applying with you on this

Looking forward for your reply.
Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 16, 2021 2:54 am

If your son is British, then you do not have to add him to your FLR(M) application. Include him in answer to the 2nd question.

Else, if your son is not British, then you should add him as an applicant in your FLR(M) application, to prevent him from becoming an overstayer with associated problems in a hostile environment.

If you have no other children, then there are no other non-applying children.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.