ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ballackmo
Mood:

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Ballackmo » Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm
Ballackmo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 pm
qazqwer333 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:38 pm
texturelikesun wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 am

Hi, I applied for the card change 2 days ago. As I already have a BRC which is not valid I don’t need to have a biometric appointment, they just use my previous BRC data. I was granted permission to use the app, I submitted all the documents and now waiting for the decision
Thanks for reply
One more thing
Should i apply as normal on BRP replacement webpage to replace BRC card
(https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service) and wait for reply?
Is this the right link above..
Yes right link
Hi
what should i use for proof of address
bank statement (own or joint) or use driving licence.
and what to do with concent to sign if i use my own bank statement or driving licence.
Use driving licence only and fill part 1 of the consent form only

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Ballackmo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 pm
qazqwer333 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm
Ballackmo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 pm
qazqwer333 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Thanks for reply
One more thing
Should i apply as normal on BRP replacement webpage to replace BRC card
(https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service) and wait for reply?
Is this the right link above..
Yes right link
Hi
what should i use for proof of address
bank statement (own or joint) or use driving licence.
and what to do with concent to sign if i use my own bank statement or driving licence.
Use driving licence only and fill part 1 of the consent form only
Thanks for reply and ur help.
Hope this answer will help to a lot of users who want to apply.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Can this take really up to 6 months ? It's just an update !
Can I travel after 30juine with my actual EEA BRC? Or do I need to wait the one under settlment scheme to arrive ?
My bed expire in 2028!!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 pm
Can this take really up to 6 months ?
At least one person has reported it taking that long, yes. However, this does not mean this is the average processing time. I think it's more between 5-8 weeks.Take a look and browse some examples above, I'm afraid there is really no other way to know.
Can I travel after 30juine with my actual EEA BRC?
You can travel out, but coming back in you might or might not face issues. You might get away with showing your EEA card if the printed expiration date is after your return date, but technically speaking it is no longer valid, so a savvy airline staff might stop you from boarding your plane (most of the time they have no clue, but you never know).
Or do I need to wait the one under settlment scheme to arrive ?
To be on the safe side, yes.
My bed expire in 2028!!
Your what?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi Friends
Its a Good news for those who want to apply for replacement EEA BRC to EUSS BRP.
Now UK Govt. said, dont do hurry to apply. CHECK THIS LINK.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card

you can use ur old card till its validity. Only one condition u should have a SETTLED or PRE-SETTLE status under EUSS.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 am

Hi members...

I got EEA residence card which ends in June 2021
But I have pre settlement status on the letter and online which expires November 2025
I applied for replacement card under EU settlement scheme which i received last Thursday but the replacement card expires in March 2025...
I thought the expiring date on the new card will be same in my online status.
Is this problem or not? As online status expiring date is different from new card expiring date .

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 am

qazqwer333 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 pm
Hi Friends
Its a Good news for those who want to apply for replacement EEA BRC to EUSS BRP.
Now UK Govt. said, dont do hurry to apply. CHECK THIS LINK.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card

you can use ur old card till its validity. Only one condition u should have a SETTLED or PRE-SETTLE status under EUSS.
That’s really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there is any change that front to the wording from previous. Why have people rush to upgrade card like myself and some having to pay for biometrics.

This should have been the case from the very onset. I bet APAD team are now rushed off their feet and something they should have stipulated a long while ago. It didn’t make sense from the very onset. Wise to have gradually phased out using expiry date on the EEA cards rather even it with the proviso that pss or ss has been applied for.

Going to cause a lot of confusion at the border and with employers. Good move all the same. Makes sense.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 am

Ballackmo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 am
Hi members...

But I have pre settlement status on the letter and online which expires November 2025
I applied for replacement card under EU settlement scheme which i received last Thursday but the replacement card expires in March 2025...
Is this problem or not? As online status expiring date is different from new card expiring date .
Same with me but am not bothered by the expiry date really as I know when I qualify for settle status and will apply for that regardless of date on the card. I reckon you may be in the same situation as me.

So disregard the date on the card and work out your 5 year continuous residence date and meeting other requirements in your case. Mine on the EUSS one I just got yesterday expires 2025. EEA one was meant to expire 2023. I qualify for SS next April so will apply for SS then.

With my history, I have learnt the expiry date on the card doesn’t mean much. I had to amend my name thrice on the EEA issued card as they kept making mistakes and everytime had a different expiry date. Yes!

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Tue May 11, 2021 8:09 am

Bazinga_ wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 am
Ballackmo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 am
Hi members...

Same with me but am not bothered by the expiry date really as I know when I qualify for settle status and will apply for that regardless of date on the card. I reckon you may be in the same situation as me.

So disregard the date on the card and work out your 5 year continuous residence date and meeting other requirements in your case. Mine on the EUSS one I just got yesterday expires 2025. EEA one was meant to expire 2023. I qualify for SS next April so will apply for SS then.

With my history, I have learnt the expiry date on the card doesn’t mean much. I had to amend my name thrice on the EEA issued card as they kept making mistakes and everytime had a different expiry date. Yes!
What date is on your pre settle status expiring on the online status ...compare to the expiring date on your replacement card

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 am

Ballackmo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:09 am
[quote=Bazinga_ post_id=2009359 time=<a href="tel:1620693278">1620693278</a> user_id=222519]
[quote=Ballackmo post_id=2009355 time=<a href="tel:1620692451">1620692451</a> user_id=242891]
Hi members...

[/quote]

What date is on your pre settle status expiring on the online status ...compare to the expiring date on your replacement card
[/quote]

August 2023 on the card and 22.01.2025 on the online status. Maybe this will sync eventually but like I said, am not concerned too much about that in my situation. Come April 2022, I will be applying for SS anyway.

dgon0410
Newly Registered

Post by dgon0410 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Has anyone been given Settled status recently? I have an EU family member BRP. It says you should get a replacement card within 10 working days if your card is not valid. Technically all the EU cards post Brexit are not valid.

Wondering if someone received a replacement automatically?

Should I wait or apply for a replacement via the website? Also there is no time guide on the gov portal now, it used to say 8 weeks. Has it changed?

Referring to this one: visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/biometric-residence-permit-replacement-service

Thank you!

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:32 am

Hi guys, after I received my new RC I made update request for my login details, its more then 3 weeks now I didn't receive any confirmation email about my request, I would like to ask if anybody done that how long does it take approximately and how the process happening thx alot.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 am

dgon0410 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 pm
Has anyone been given Settled status recently?
Having Settled Status or not is irrelevant. The BRP replacement service also deals with people applying for cards with Pre-Settled Status.
I have an EU family member BRP. It says you should get a replacement card within 10 working days if your card is not valid.
That is the standard message sent to everyone who applies and gets status under the EU Settlement Scheme, so do no read it as a customised message for yourself.
Technically all the EU cards post Brexit are not valid.
Well, EU cards were valid, then they weren't, then they are valid again. The Home Office keeps changing the message. Last we heard is that the EEA Residence Cards are valid until their printed expiration date.
Wondering if someone received a replacement automatically?
No "automatic replacements".

Replacements have to be applied for, and even if you applied, there is currently a bottleneck that is making waiting times longer. Hence why the Home Office seems to have changed their minds and extended the validity of current EEA RCs, in the hopes people stop applying.
Should I wait or apply for a replacement via the website?
You should apply at some point since your card will expire at some point, just that there is a bottleneck and you might end up waiting more than the 8 weeks; also as I said, according to the Home Office, there is no longer need to replace your BRC in the short term (depending on the printed expiration date on your card).
Also there is no time guide on the gov portal now, it used to say 8 weeks. Has it changed?

Referring to this one: visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/biometric-residence-permit-replacement-service
No point in relying too much on that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

dgon0410
Newly Registered

Post by dgon0410 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:17 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 am

Thank you. Really helpful!

My card is till 2022, will use it for now)

The last one. Up until I receive the replacement my card will still be valid right? Asking this because the free appointments are available only in 2-3 months time. Just want to reserve one now and make sure I don't get stuck on the border control with my BRP being invalid (coz of the application for the new one) if I need to travel.

Really appreciate your help!

rickyy
Newly Registered
India

Post by rickyy » Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm

I applied to change brc issued under eea to eu settlement. I got a email from ukvcas stating ‘UKVI are currently assessing whether my application can be progressed via the IDV app or reusing biometrics that have been recorded in previous application’.

Is this new process now?

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Wed May 19, 2021 5:23 pm

rickyy wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm
I applied to change brc issued under eea to eu settlement. I got a email from ukvcas stating ‘UKVI are currently assessing whether my application can be progressed via the IDV app or reusing biometrics that have been recorded in previous application’.

Is this new process now?
Yes wait for their Email

Guslya34
Newly Registered

Post by Guslya34 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Hello,

23/02 settled status received
15/03 application submitted for BRP replacement
17/03 biometrics appointment

BRP expired in feb.

It’s been 9 weeks now since I’ve submitted my application and had biometrics taken. Is there any way to contact them to get an update ? I really need to travel and obviously I can’t without a BRP.

Thanks

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Fri May 21, 2021 4:17 am

Guslya34 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm
Hello,

BRP expired in feb.

It’s been 9 weeks now since I’ve submitted my application and had biometrics taken. Is there any way to contact them to get an update ? I really need to travel and obviously I can’t without a BRP.

Thanks
Hi. You can contact them here APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk
Mine was about close to 8weeks so your decision isn’t far away hopefully. Best wishes

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Fri May 21, 2021 4:17 am

Guslya34 wrote:
Hello,

BRP expired in feb.

Thanks
Hi. You can contact them here APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk
Mine was about close to 8weeks so your decision isn’t far away hopefully. Best wishes

dgon0410
Newly Registered

Post by dgon0410 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Guslya34 wrote:
Hello,

BRP expired in feb.

Thanks
Thought I need to share our experience, hope it helps those who sill waiting (I will need to apply for a replacement soon too).

My GF applied for a replacement brp in November 2020, only got her new card last month. She thought it was lost in post and called the settlement scheme line multiple times, always being told they do not provide updates. They would not even confirm if application is in progress.
On one occasion advisor told her to reapply and said they would not provide refund(she paid for the premium service) or help her schedule the new appointment.

She was even asking to speak to a manager, advisor refused to provide his name(said it was due to GDPR😂) and would not transfer her to the manager(literally said it is just him on the line working from home and there is no manager.) I regret she did not record it.

I tried calling them too regarding my settled status application, when asking for update advisor told me they do not provide updates and that she will end the call on that basis. Extremely unprofessional and impolite service with total disrespect for people. Made us feel unwelcomed in the UK.

Before getting a replacement card there was an email with shipment confirmation.

I heard they prioritise on the expired cards, her was valid for next few years. Hope it will be faster for you.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 25, 2021 7:37 am

For anyone having recently obtained their new EUSS card, could I please, please ask your help in helping this community understand how the status is attached after the card conversion? (Is it attached to the new card, the old card, or both).

I have posted a very simple exercise and question here, and I would really appreciate if some of you contributed your answers. (Please don't answer here, answer in that post.) Thanks.

siralexius

Post by siralexius » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:35 pm

I did granted settled status as a non-EU citizen.
14/06/2021 setted status granted.
14/06/2021 made an application for update my BRP RC
16/06/2021 Appointment for biometrics

I read some other applications and not sure how long it is taking residence card to be changed? Anyone with recent application or changed residence card can tell me how long does it take? Also what will say "type of permit" section?
Also I did choose "To change from a pre-settled to a settled BRC
issued under the EU Settlement Scheme" is this correct to choose?
Thank you.

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 am

Hello Everyone,

I hope this finds you all well

I received settled status/ilr last year august under EUSS. I had BRC issued under eea regulation-EU family member which has expired in April 2021

i had made application to change/update BRC issued under EEA to EUSS brc.

My timeline is as follows-

online application-20/4/2021
biometric-13/5/2021
decision email/letter-pending
card received-pending.

my questions are as follows-

1.how many of you have received a decision within 8 weeks of applying holding settled status/ILR under EUSS?

2. Is the decision letter emailed or posted to the applicant

It has been 8 weeks today as one can imagine this is causing me lot of stress

i look forward to hearing you all.

many thanks in advance

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:51 am

fa86 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 am
1.how many of you have received a decision within 8 weeks of applying holding settled status/ILR under EUSS?
Technically speaking, there is no "decision". The Home Office has nothing to decide, you are just requesting a card and they have to issue it. What I believe people receive is a notification that the card has been issued. That is definitely not a "decision".
2. Is the decision letter emailed or posted to the applicant
From what others have reported in previous posts, this notification is received via email.
It has been 8 weeks today as one can imagine this is causing me lot of stress
You application is not submitted until you provide biometrics. Since you gave biometrics on 15th of May, it has not been 8 weeks. It's been only 4.5 weeks.

I gave biometrics exactly one month before you, and I've been waiting over 8 weeks after biometrics and counting. I believe people having given biometrics in March reported about 6-8 weeks of wait after biometrics; and I believe it is reasonably to assume current bottlenecks might make the wait longer. In that sense, your timeline is perfectly aligned, and not deviating from the norm. I'm afraid nothing else to do but wait.

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:29 am

Hi Kamone,

Many thanks for your prompt & detailed response.

when i submitted my online application-it said on document check list that decision time 8 weeks from on-line application date.

Can you pls share you timeline?

thank you.