ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to GT switch

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ckayay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Tier 2 to GT switch

Post by ckayay » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am

Hi all

I am resident in UK on Tier 2 General visa for 3 years. If I apply to GT 1 year visa and get it, can I apply to ILR on the same day after getting the visa and that would be successful? Is there such time requirement for GT before applying to ILR in such scenarios?

Many Thanks.

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 to GT switch

Post by fredprvn » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:14 pm

ckayay wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am
Hi all

I am resident in UK on Tier 2 General visa for 3 years. If I apply to GT 1 year visa and get it, can I apply to ILR on the same day after getting the visa and that would be successful? Is there such time requirement for GT before applying to ILR in such scenarios?

Many Thanks.
Hello,

Please refer to the Tier 1 exceptional/global talent guidance in the gov.uk website. Previous Tier 2 migrant leave will counts towards your continuous leave but you must satisfy the other requirements as well.

I would suggest to make an enquire with the UKVI and update us here too please.

Good luck,
Fred

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: Tier 2 to GT switch

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am

ckayay wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am
Hi all

Many Thanks.
Yes. In your circumstance, you can apply for ILR the very next day if endorsed by one of the scientific bodies, and as long as you can prove that you have earned money in the UK in your expert field that led to the initial endorsement during the last period of GTV leave.