ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gettings Prents to UK Either Long term Visit Visa or Family Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Gettings Prents to UK Either Long term Visit Visa or Family Visa

Post by s0787671 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 am

My parents live in India and are indian citizens. I am based in UK with family and settled as British citizens thru the Tier 2 category.
I am looking to get my parents to visit me more often without worrying about applying for VIsa.

Two methods I have seen:

1) Long term 2/5/10y Visit visa

2) Family Visa

Which would be a better and quicker way to get and is there any catch with any of the above methods. My parents wouldnt want to stay more than 6 months at a time, but having a long visa means they just have to get on a flight to UK to see us.

Please do suggest the procedure. My parents dont have any one else to take care of them in India, thus being with us will help them.
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Gettings Prents to UK Either Long term Visit Visa or Family Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:11 am

Have they had a UK visitor visa previously?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Gettings Prents to UK Either Long term Visit Visa or Family Visa

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 11, 2021 11:45 am

Also see my response to a very similar question earlier.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.