ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Time Adult Passport with COE ROA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

travtalk
Newly Registered
India

First Time Adult Passport with COE ROA

Post by travtalk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:10 am

Hi Experts,

I have a COE ROA in my Indian passport under Section 2 1a. I am thinking of applying for my first time UK passport.

Can I go ahead and apply for a British passport on the basis of the COE ROA or is there any other citizenship document that I have to apply for?

Or do I have to submit all the documents (grandfathers, mothers etc) once again for the passport?

And is there a possibility that the passport is denied even though I have the COE ROA?

vinny

Re: First Time Adult Passport with COE ROA

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 am

Submit all supporting documents again, as HMPO apparently ignores other Government departments’ documents that confirms nationality but does not confer it, including CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

travtalk
Newly Registered
India

Post by travtalk » Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi Vinny,

With my COE ROA, will I be able to apply for a Spouse Visa for wife and ILR or dependent visa for my minor daughter?

I am presently in India, but plan to move to the U.K soon. To apply for Spouse visa, do I have to be physically present in the U.K for a certain period of time or can I do it regardless.

I have close relatives (wife's borther) who are British Citizens. I will be providing their address/letter etc as an address to reside before renting my own place.

I am self employed and I consult to companies in the U.S etc. I have income and sufficient savings here to show as proof. But will my income in India so far and maybe my contracts with companies I provide service for be considered as proof of income/employment etc by UKVI?

Thanks...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 11, 2021 7:39 am

Yes, they may apply while you are in India. However, take a close look at Appendix FM, FM-SE and Appendix FM 1.7: financial requirement and wife’s English language requirements, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

travtalk
Newly Registered
India

Post by travtalk » Tue May 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Dear Vinny,

For my minor daughter, can I apply for ILR directly?

In the application forms, do I refer myself as a British Citizen though the COE ROA is in my India passport?

Income and savings outside the U.K will be considered proof for financial requirement right.

Thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 11, 2021 1:59 pm

travtalk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:54 pm
For my minor daughter, can I apply for ILR directly?
No.

As you are a British citizen by descent, your minor child is not a British citizen automatically.

Non-British minor children follow the same UK Immigration status as that of the second/less-privileged parent.

Assuming that your parent was a British citizen otherwise than by descent, your minor daughter (assuming she is under the age of 18 at that point in time) will be entitled to register as a British citizen under Section 3(2), after residing in the UK for three years with you and the other parent.
travtalk wrote:
In the application forms, do I refer myself as a British Citizen though the COE ROA is in my India passport?
You can state that you are a British citizen, but you may be asked to prove your British citizenship by other means.
travtalk wrote:
Income and savings outside the U.K will be considered proof for financial requirement right.
Yes, provided that the savings have been in an easily accessible bank account for at least six months.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.