ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV stage 1

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Madu123
Newly Registered
Mood:

My GTV stage 1 rejected

Post by Madu123 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 am

Hi Please my GTV application was rejected by The British Academy . The two checked boxes explaining reasons for rejection were
1. The reviewers felt that there was insufficient evidence within the application to demonstrate that the applicant could be consider a leader in their field.

2. The reviewers felt that the application did not demonstrate that the contributions to the UK’s research excellence and to wider society was of sufficient scale to merit endorsement for entry through the Global Talent route.

What got me confused and worried was that I got feedback for the Exceptional Talent but I applied for the Exceptional Promise. Instead of giving me feedback for the Exceptional Promise category which I applied for I got it for the Exceptional Talent category which I did not apply.
Should I go for a review or fresh application

Any advice?
Thanks

Madu123
Newly Registered
Mood:

GTV stage 1

Post by Madu123 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi
Please has anyone on this platform been endorced by The British Academy.
Please I would need to know the documents the person submitted.
I submitted 22 documents including my 3 page CV, PhD certificate, Recommendation letter, 1 fellowship award and 1 PhD scholarship award with several funding awards to attend international workshops and conferences and 20 peer review publications, Despite all these, I was rejected with the reason that I had insufficient documents to be considered a potential leader in my field.
Please can someone advise me on what I might have omitted to add.
Thanks
:

Madu123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: My GTV stage 1 rejected

Post by Madu123 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Madu123 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 am
Hi Please my GTV application was rejected by The British Academy . The two checked boxes explaining reasons for rejection were
1. The reviewers felt that there was insufficient evidence within the application to demonstrate that the applicant could be consider a leader in their field.

2. The reviewers felt that the application did not demonstrate that the contributions to the UK’s research excellence and to wider society was of sufficient scale to merit endorsement for entry through the Global Talent route.

What got me confused and worried was that I got feedback for the Exceptional Talent but I applied for the Exceptional Promise. Instead of giving me feedback for the Exceptional Promise category which I applied for I got it for the Exceptional Talent category which I did not apply.

Any advice?
Thanks
Hi guys
I later informed the Home office about the matter and they said they would contact the Endorsement body. So, they got back to me the same day and apologised noting that it was a mistake. They amended the rejection letter with their feedback in the appropriate category.
Thanks

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: My GTV stage 1 rejected

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Madu123 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:11 pm
Madu123 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 am

Any advice?
Thanks
Hi guys
I later informed the Home office about the matter and they said they would contact the Endorsement body. So, they got back to me the same day and apologised noting that it was a mistake. They amended the rejection letter with their feedback in the appropriate category.
Thanks
Does the reject decision still hold for you?