ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to get residential address?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wbox
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP Card & Residential address

Post by wbox » Mon May 10, 2021 8:17 am

Do I need to have a residential address to receive renewed IRP card?
I have a business address and that's where my place of residence as well.

avta
Ireland

Re: IRP Card & Residential address

Post by avta » Mon May 10, 2021 11:25 am

Hey,

Normally the business address wasn't accepted unless you have some company explanation letter allowing you to use this address for a temporary reason with a reasonable excuse.

wbox
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wbox » Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 pm

avta wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:25 am
Hey,

Normally the business address wasn't accepted unless you have some company explanation letter allowing you to use this address for a temporary reason with a reasonable excuse.
Would you have a link to where did you get that information from, please?
I have the same address for over 10 years never had any issues.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi,

I got this information directly from the GNIB counter officer when was refuse to register myself to the business address. It could be that your GNIB officer had a different view of this aspect.

BR.

Sunnydazeireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Sunnydazeireland » Sun May 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Your address should be where you reside. If the business and residential address is where you reside then there is no issue. Obviously if if they are different then the business address cannot be accepted as the residential address.

Sunnydazeireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Sunnydazeireland » Sun May 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Having read the question again i should add. The address is not for the posting of the card it is to do with section 9 of the immigration act 2004 and the requirement to provide a place of residence

wbox
Newly Registered
Ireland

Where to get residential address?

Post by wbox » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 pm

After 20 years living in Ireland I found out that without residential address I no longer be able to receive IRP card. Apparently my business address is no longer accepted.

Is there any services to rent residential address or perhaps someone willing to offer me that option?
Many Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Where to get residential address?

Post by littlerr » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm

You do not have access to internal mail yet. It's also against the forum rules to provider personal services here, nor is it safe to trust a person that you never know of offering you service here.

If you have proof that you are living in that address full time, then I don't see how INIS can deny you an IRP card. There is no specific rule in the regulation that says your business address must be different from your residential address. Most self-employed contractors simply use their home address to register the business.

Send an email to immigrationsupport@justice.ie. Explain your issues and attach a few different proofs that you live in that address, and ask them to clarify why you are denied an IRP card.

hmp
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Where to get residential address?

Post by hmp » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Would student accommodation be considered residential, can I use for immigration office?
Thanks