ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ballet school 1 year program without CAS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PUSA
Newly Registered
Japan

Ballet school 1 year program without CAS

Post by PUSA » Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 am

Hello,

I am looking for a possible route for my friend's daugher (Japanese - 20 years old) to particiate a ballet school in the UK. Could someone give advice?

She is offered a place of 1 year (specifically 9-10 month from Sep to July) professional trainee program at a ballet school which is listed in student register of sponsors (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... onsors.pdf)

However, the school says, they are "unnable to proviede a CAS for a student visa for".. her.. "as our Professional trainee programme does not offer a degree level qualification"

She has not lived in the UK (other than 1 month of the program offered by the same school a couple of years ago) and she does not have any familly ties to the UK.

I have looked at varoius options -

Investor Visa is too expensive.

The second ballot for Youth Mobility Visa will be probably too late as the school says visa has to be obtained by 30 July. (also, it is ballot so no guarantee)

Possiblity is to apply for English language school at the same time and obtain (short-term study visa). I understand the site (https://www.gov.uk/visa-to-study-english) says "you cannnot study on any other course or change your course while in the UK" but wondering if the ballet course is prohibited or not as the ballet program is "professional trainee program" and it lasts less than 11 months.

Also, I was wondering if there is any support I can provide as I have an ILR visa and have been in the UK for 9 years. but found no route to support her visa individually.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Ballet school 1 year program without CAS

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:45 pm

PUSA wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 am
However, the school says, they are "unnable to proviede a CAS for a student visa for".. her.. "as our Professional trainee programme does not offer a degree level qualification"
Student visas can be only be issued for courses that lead to a qualification, but it can be below degree level, as long as it is at least 15 hours a week of daytime study. See https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/course > Courses you can study.
PUSA wrote:
I understand the site (https://www.gov.uk/visa-to-study-english) says "you cannnot study on any other course or change your course while in the UK" but wondering if the ballet course is prohibited or not as the ballet program is "professional trainee program" and it lasts less than 11 months.
As it says, "you cannot study on any other course".
PUSA wrote:
Also, I was wondering if there is any support I can provide as I have an ILR visa and have been in the UK for 9 years. but found no route to support her visa individually.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
If the school offers a course of maximum 6 months, she can do it with a Standard Visitor visa. If you are offering help with living costs and housing, evidence of that could be shown as partial evidence that she can pay all the costs of her visit.

See https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... -in-the-uk > If you're visiting to study.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

PUSA
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by PUSA » Tue May 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Hello sah10406,
Thank you very much for your quick response.

It does not apper the course leads to any qualification (even below degree level). It is a training designed for professional level experiened ballet dancers. No mention of qualifications.

I see your point on "any course" but I think it always a matter of degree - for example, I would think English school student going to gym classess regulary should not be a problem.

Unfortunately, there is no 6 month program offered by the school. Potentially we can ask if she can finish early - she can do at least 2/3 of the whole course.

Thank you again for your advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:53 pm

PUSA wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:44 pm
I see your point on "any course" but I think it always a matter of degree - for example, I would think English school student going to gym classess regulary should not be a problem.
Clearly not, but it seems clear that this is a course by any reasonable definition, not occasional exercise activity.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

PUSA
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by PUSA » Tue May 11, 2021 7:18 pm

Understood. So, in short, conclusion is that there is no visa program avaiable for a course longer than 6 month without any degree/qualification. (unless you have a visa for completely other reasons)