ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A goof and a miss

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

youcangetholdofjules
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

A goof and a miss

Post by youcangetholdofjules » Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 pm

I am hoping that some kind soul can help me out here.
My 5 year Ancestry visa expired on March 1. I had paid my nearly £10k for ILR (Me + 3) on Feb 4, so well within the window and we had most of the paperwork together shortly afterwards.
I thought after I sent the application I would receive a letter to say whats next - completely my fault that I didn't read the part where it says to book the appointment with UKVCAS, but a friend steered my right there and duly booked in - although getting a booking for 4 people that doesn't weigh in at £796 proved difficult (and I thought my woes were over with the £9600 or so I'd shelled out for ILR, no, we're just warming up), so I call UKVCAS and they kindof said not to worry, and my appointment was booked in for today (May 11).
Cue forwards to today and I have to collect my daughter from school early, only to get a message from the school saying she'd banged her head pretty badly and they needed to monitor her for a bit. Ok freak out. I was booked in at UKVCAS at 2pm, we made it only after 3pm, to find Reading central library where UKVCAS was based closes at 3 due to Covid.
Now I am worried - I call UKVCAS and they are happy to refund my money and tell me I need to book in another appointment, but I asked them whether this will put me fould of the Home Office - I cant find anywhere the timings for this and whether I am in a grace period or seriously in the sh*t - I have zero idea.
Does anyone here know what the story is with this - BRP technically expired on March 1, ILR payment made Feb 4.
Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: A goof and a miss

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 8:18 pm

You had a biometrics deadline of 45 working days after 4th Feb which expired in April (If you login in your UKVI account - it will be mentioned on the “further actions page.”

However, due to corona delays, HO is lenient. Just book the biometrics appointment again and attend. Hopefully will be okay. You do not have any other option anyways.

Note, these days biometrics appointments run at a 28 days lag unless you end up finding an earlier cancellation. Speak with UKVCAS and see if they can accommodate you earlier given your circumstance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

youcangetholdofjules
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by youcangetholdofjules » Tue May 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Yeah just getting *ANY* appointment for a family of 4 meant I was on UKVCAS's website early each morning for a good few days before one popped up.
I'll give the home office a call first thing AM.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Home Office call centre is outsourced to a third party. I doubt they will be able to help you out. Many members have booked biometrics appointments after the deadline during corona, it should be okay.
You should rather focus on finding an earlier cancellation. Appointments open up every day 1AM BST (or 12AM GMT).
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

youcangetholdofjules
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by youcangetholdofjules » Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Oh - and thanks for the info Cullinan - much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 8:29 pm

youcangetholdofjules wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 pm
Oh - and thanks for the info Cullinan - much appreciated.
You can follow the suggestion in the previous “edited” message.

youcangetholdofjules
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by youcangetholdofjules » Tue May 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Wow thats a swag of helpful info - thanks indeed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 8:50 pm

youcangetholdofjules wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:33 pm
Wow thats a swag of helpful info - thanks indeed.
Hope you can find some free appointments this time. Good luck.