ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette transfer

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rickyy
Newly Registered
India

Vignette transfer

Post by rickyy » Mon May 10, 2021 4:49 pm

My son applied for eu settlement scheme family permit from India got visa valid for 6 months. Unfortunately cannot travel due to Covid related restrictions 6 months visa expired now. Applied for vignette transfer received a email for British high commission asking to withdraw the vignette transfer application and re-apply under euss route. 30th June is the last to join still travel restrictions are there and all visa office are closed now. My question why home cannot issue vignette transfer why they asking to re-apply euss route again. Any advice please

secret.simon

Re: Vignette transfer

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm

rickyy wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:49 pm
My question why home cannot issue vignette transfer why they asking to re-apply euss route again.
Because EUSS (and before them, EEA) applications do not work like a typical visa application.

The way EUSS and EEA applications work is that they certify that a particular set of requirements (the requirements for pre-settlement or settlement) are met as of a particular date. If the issued document or visa expires, it is not a case of transferring a visa (because EUSS and EEA applications are not technically visas), but the applicant needs to prove again that they continue to meet the set of requirements for that document or visa to be reissued.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rickyy
Newly Registered
India

Re: Vignette transfer

Post by rickyy » Wed May 12, 2021 8:27 am

Thank you Simon

Whether he has to apply Eu settlement/presettled or euss travel permit