ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Refused

Post by SaadiaAmit » Wed May 12, 2021 8:18 am

Hi everyone.

My fiancé applied for a visa to join me here,
He applied but they refused the visa.

Stating that we haven’t met.
No tenancy agreement.
No letter from doctor stating my day to day support and care.

I have met my fiancé. Last time was in March 2021 when I went with my family to India, due to a death in my family.

Tenancy agreement had given it to the VFS NEW DEHLI WITH ALL THE OTHER DOCUMENTS. But they are saying that they have only my council tax bill.

They have a letter from the GP but not stating what care and support I need.

Can somebody help me with adequate accommodation and financial wording means?
A minus B should be greater than C.
I worked it out but still refused it.

Shall we appeal the decision (how long)
Or
Put a fresh application

Anybody please?

E- ECP 2.1 2.10
E- ECP 1.1 2.8
3.11 3.4
paragraph 12a
4.1 4.2
D-ECP 1.3 1.1

Refused under these points.

Advice would be grateful.

Thank you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Refused

Post by TODMATT » Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Could you post the full refusal letter?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Also, what government benefits are you in receipt of?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 pm

PIP, ESA, working part time CTC,CB.
Housing benefit, no council tax

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Wed May 12, 2021 3:59 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm
Could you post the full refusal letter?

Web
Our Ref Date
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Your human rights claim in an application for entry clearance made on 17/03/2021 is refused.
What this means for you
You can appeal this decision. Instructions on how to appeal are in the ‘next steps’ section of this letter.
The reasons for this decision are set out on the next page.
Yours faithfully
Xxxx
Entry Clearance Officer New Delhi

The Decision
On 17/3/21 you made an application for entry clearance to the UK under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules on the basis of your family life with your partner xxxxxx.
Your application has been considered under those Rules, and with reference to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The relevant Immigration Rules can be viewed on gov.uk here: www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules.
This decision takes into account as a primary consideration the best interests of any relevant child in line with section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009.
We have considered your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1. of Appendix FM. However, you do not qualify for entry clearance under the 5-year partner route for the following reasons:
Suitability
Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM.
Eligibility
Under paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements of Section E- ECP of Appendix FM for the following reasons.
Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10. because:
You state that you met your sponsor when she came into your mobile shop in India in 2019 and you started to chat. Your relationship grew from this moment onwards. While I acknowledge the statements provided from you and your sponsor regarding the history of your relationship, the documents submitted with your application do not confirm that you have met. It is reasonable to expect to see photos of the two of you together to confirm that you have met one another.
Without evidence to show that you have met, I am not satisfied that you are seeking entry to the UK to enable your marriage/civil partnership to take place. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.2.8)
Eligibility Financial Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1. to 3.4. because:
The documents submitted with your application would indicate that your sponsor is claiming to be exempt from meeting the income threshold because she is in receipt of Personal Independence Payment.

You have submitted a letter issued by the Department for Work & Pensions dated 20/8/20. That letter confirms that your sponsor is in receipt of Personal Independence Payment at the rate of £356 a month. You have also provided personal bank statements which demonstrate the payment of that benefit on a four-weekly basis. I am therefore satisfied that your sponsor is exempt from meeting the income threshold.
However, you are still required to demonstrate that there is adequate maintenance available to you in accordance with paragraph 12A of Appendix FM-SE of the Immigration Rules.
Paragraph 12A also states that the following must be provided:
However, you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s monthly housing costs.
In the absence of evidence of your sponsor’s accommodation costs, I am unable to assess whether your sponsor’s income is at least equal to the income support rate for an equivalent sized family after the deduction of accommodation costs. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated adequate maintenance. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.3)
In addition to the above, I have seen no evidence of any accommodation available to either you or your sponsor. I acknowledge the council tax documents provided, but these alone do not confirm the size of the property and the monthly rental costs. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately accommodated without recourse to public funds. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.4)
Eligibility English Language Requirement
You meet the eligibility English language requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.4.1. to 4.2.
Exceptional Circumstances
We have also considered your application under paragraph GEN.3.2 of Appendix FM. We have concluded that there are no exceptional circumstances in your case, which would render refusal a breach of Article 8 of the ECHR because it would result in unjustifiably harsh consequences for you, your partner, a relevant child or another family member.
You have told us that your sponsor has both physical and mental illnesses and I acknowledge the documents provided in support of your application regarding this. In particular, I acknowledge the letter from Dr xxxxxxxx GP at xxxxxxxx Medical Practice, dated 24/9/20, that fully explains your sponsor’s current medical condition. You state that you wish to care for her like your wife. While your sponsor states in her covering letter that she needs your support, the documents before me do not confirm the current arrangements that your sponsor has in the UK for her day-to-day care and support. I note that your sponsor is currently employed part-time by Tesco and has a 15-year-old daughter. The documents before me therefore do not clearly set out any exceptional circumstances that would warrant a grant of entry clearance outside of the Immigration Rules.
“(f) The monthly housing and Council Tax costs for the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or
will live if the application is granted.”
Refusal under the Partner Rules

In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3.of Appendix FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.and you do not qualify for entry clearance on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional circumstances, under Appendix FM.
NEXT STEPS
Your right of appeal
You have 28 days from the date you receive this decision to appeal. Information on how to appeal, the appeal process and the fees payable are all available online at:
https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-t ... ide-the-uk
If you want to seek legal advice you must do so now.
IMMIGRATION HEALTH SURCHARGE
If you have paid the Immigration Health Surcharge it will be refunded. You may need to pay again if any appeal is successful.
https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... sasurveyuk

Moderator edit: Name removed to protect identity.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed May 12, 2021 7:20 pm

You said you worked out the adequate maintenance.

Could you show us how you worked out that?

I also believe that the caseworker was very harsh and could have trigged evidence flexibility to at least for some of the evidence missing evidence. Have you also opted for assisted scanning at the VFS centre in India? what evidence of have you submitted to you both of you have met?

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

I got the VFS staff at New Delhi to upload the documents. Yes I had assisted service to scan the documents.

I submitted everything even the tenancy agreement, also the housing benefit award, but they are saying they never received it. They are saying that they received only the council tax bill.

Income - housing = £ left financial requirements
Please if I did it wrong can you tell me how to work it out?

We submitted our hotel reservations booked and paid for? We forgot to include pictures. Due to me being disabled I don’t like to take a lot of pictures. So I more pictures of my fiancé than me.

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Wed May 12, 2021 8:34 pm

What do you think?

Re apply
Or
Appeal.

Also what extra documents do they need?

Your time is much appreciated.
Thank you from both of us.

I have a PA/Carer who comes and sometimes stay overnight depending on my needs and support.
Do I need to provide a letter from the PA regarding the support they provide on a day to day basis.
PA also supports me at work (drives me to work) waits in case I have an hypo( low blood sugar) as I am a full time wheelchair user. Going out to work just frees my mind.

Please your time and effort in helping us out is much appreciated. Thank you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 am

SaadiaAmit wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm
I got the VFS staff at New Delhi to upload the documents. Yes I had assisted service to scan the documents.

I submitted everything even the tenancy agreement, also the housing benefit award, but they are saying they never received it. They are saying that they received only the council tax bill.

Income - housing = £ left financial requirements
Please if I did it wrong can you tell me how to work it out?

We submitted our hotel reservations booked and paid for? We forgot to include pictures. Due to me being disabled I don’t like to take a lot of pictures. So I more pictures of my fiancé than me.
How did you work out your income and housing ? I am also not sure why you have booked hotel reservations? Your sponsor should have an adequate accommodation for you to stay in the UK.

It doesnt matter whether you don't like taking pictures or not but they need pictures to established if both of you have met so how many pictures did you include in total?

Appeal is a long process and take upto a year but personally I would reapply and address the previous concerns raised by the caseworker.

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am

No when I went to Dehli we stayed in a hotel both of us. That was the Hotel reservation in New Dehli.

No pictures were uploaded to UKVI. My mistake. But the receipt of Hotel stay was there with both of our names on them.

Can you please work it out for me the financial requirements.
I work part time £125.00 p.w
PIP £89.25
Child benefit £21.05
ESA £198.60
CTC £65.45

Total £499.35

Then the housing benefit is 178.05 that is all paid by housing benefit and I don’t pay council tax either as I am exempted.

Money left over £321.30

I live in a 3 bed flat because of my disability so I need a carer who sometimes stays over depending on my needs. Tenancy says that 5 people can live in the property.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu May 13, 2021 4:00 pm

SaadiaAmit wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am
No when I went to Dehli we stayed in a hotel both of us. That was the Hotel reservation in New Dehli.

No pictures were uploaded to UKVI. My mistake. But the receipt of Hotel stay was there with both of our names on them.

Can you please work it out for me the financial requirements.
I work part time £125.00 p.w
PIP £89.25
Child benefit £21.05
ESA £198.60
CTC £65.45

Total £499.35

Then the housing benefit is 178.05 that is all paid by housing benefit and I don’t pay council tax either as I am exempted.

Money left over £321.30

I live in a 3 bed flat because of my disability so I need a carer who sometimes stays over depending on my needs. Tenancy says that 5 people can live in the property.
The hotel receipt is not enough to show you have both met but you need to provide evidence to show both of you have met in form of photos and failure to evidenced this led to part of the decision.

I do believe you met the adequate maintenance based on the amount above.

You are better off reapplying and address the issue raised by the caseworker.

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Thu May 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Thank you for taking time to reply back. Much appreciated.
I am in the process of getting all the papers ready.
Regarding the day to day care and support, I have emailed my GP let’s see when they get back to me. 🤞🏻

If you think I need to provide them with anything else please let me know.

Thank you.
Much appreciated
🥰

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Fri May 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi if any one can help?
Can you please just explain why my fiancé visa was refused?

In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3.of Appendix FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.and you do not qualify for entry clearance on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional circumstances, under Appendix FM.
You do not meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1. to 3.4. because:
The documents submitted with your application would indicate that your sponsor is claiming to be exempt from meeting the income threshold because she is in receipt of Personal Independence Payment.

You have submitted a letter issued by the Department for Work & Pensions dated 20/8/20. That letter confirms that your sponsor is in receipt of Personal Independence Payment at the rate of £356 a month. You have also provided personal bank statements which demonstrate the payment of that benefit on a four-weekly basis. I am therefore satisfied that your sponsor is exempt from meeting the income threshold.
However, you are still required to demonstrate that there is adequate maintenance available to you in accordance with paragraph 12A of Appendix FM-SE of the Immigration Rules.
Paragraph 12A also states that the following must be provided:
However, you have not provided any evidence of your sponsor’s monthly housing costs.
In the absence of evidence of your sponsor’s accommodation costs, I am unable to assess whether your sponsor’s income is at least equal to the income support rate for an equivalent sized family after the deduction of accommodation costs. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated adequate maintenance. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.3)
In addition to the above, I have seen no evidence of any accommodation available to either you or your sponsor. I acknowledge the council tax documents provided, but these alone do not confirm the size of the property and the monthly rental costs. I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately accommodated without recourse to public funds. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.4)

Without evidence to show that you have met, I am not satisfied that you are seeking entry to the UK to enable your marriage/civil partnership to take place. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.2.8)

Please anyone can you explain this to me. So I know what papers I need to find and put them in.

Time for reading and explaining will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

As far as I know ?

1. Tenancy agreement Landlord letter.
2. Pictures
3. Financial requirements form

Anything else?

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Tue May 18, 2021 12:28 pm

The requirements for fiance visa a the same as that for spouse visa except for some of the relationship elements. So have a look at the checklist on the forum for spouse visa and look to provide as much of the documents as you can.

In terms of having met, photos together with full copy of your passport to show you were in the same country at the relevant time.

A covering letter may also help.

If you can get the evidence together, you could consider making a request for the application to be reconsidered - potentially saving your the fee associated with making a new application.

SaadiaAmit
Newly Registered
India

Post by SaadiaAmit » Tue May 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Thank you 😊 Walker.

They are asking about what support I get here in the U.K. for day to day support?
Do I just write a letter, stating what support I get and how many hours?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
Also financial requirements:

I receive £89.42 pip enhanced rate daily living
Employment £100.90 (permitted work)
Child benefit £21.45
Child tax credit £65.25
Employment Support allowance £198.60

I have been on the rightsnet.com
They are two figures £117.40
The other figure £259.60

That still leaves me with £214.92.

I don’t pay no housing cost as housing benefit pays for my rent. Council tax I am exempt.

A = £474.52. Income
B= £0.00. Housing costs
C= £117.40 or £259.60

Am I still filling the financial requirement.

Thank you for taking time to read my post and replying Walker. 😊