ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing an application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snishaad
Newly Registered
India

Withdrawing an application

Post by snishaad » Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 am

Hi,

I have a Tier 2 ICT visa extension application submitted and paid for. I have not booked an appointment for biometrics and not uploaded any documents. However, i wish to discontinue this application and instead apply for a Tier 2 General dependent visa.

Can i just create a new application with a different email id and just proceed with the second application? This would mean that i abandon the first application. Will this cause any confusion or impact decision on my second application that i want to progress.

Since i have not given my biometrics, is there a way to withdraw my first application and make it clean? I am at the book appointment step.

Please help.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Withdrawing an application

Post by manci » Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 pm

Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

WorryWart123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Withdrawing an application

Post by WorryWart123 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if you found out more about this?

I'm in a similar position. I have a Tier 2 Work Visa that expires next year. I just applied for a Family Route Unmarried Partner Visa, but now want to withdraw my Partner visa application and need a refund. Do you know if I will be fine keeping my Tier 2 Work Visa (I don't see why not as it doesn't expire yet, but I don't want to create any issues on the system)? Do you know if I'm likely to get the refund as I haven't yet attended my biometric appointment? I have a biometric appointment scheduled for Tuesday but can cancel. I just don't want to cancel if I wont' get the refund; otherwise, I'll go through with the visa. I've read the government guidance and think I can withdraw and get a refund but I don't know if I'm missing something?

I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your experience so I can get more information? Or if anyone has any advice or information for me?

Thank you so much!