ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU spouse travelling to EU?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

minttie
China

Non-EU spouse travelling to EU?

Post by minttie » Thu May 06, 2021 7:47 am

Hi everyone, could I ask if I need to apply a visa for a short stay in the EU please?

I’m non-EU, and holding “pre-settled” status, in the process of applying “settled” status.

My spouse is Romanian. We live in the UK.

I would like to check visa requirement for myself if I’m travelling together with my spouse to Romania, Italy, and France, Spain.

Many thanks!

minttie
China

Re: Non-EU spouse travelling to EU?

Post by minttie » Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 am

Just to add, I currently hold a UK residence card which expires July 2021.

My pre-settled status expires in 5 years time, and I didn’t get a new card or permit as pre-settled status is validated on gov website.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 am

You may find this summary useful: https://www.the3million.org.uk/travel-to-the-eu
I understand if you are a "visa national" then you would require a visa to visit the Schengen area.
Settled Status is a UK only arrangement and doesn't give "EU free movement" type privileges.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 am
You may find this summary useful: https://www.the3million.org.uk/travel-to-the-eu
I understand if you are a "visa national" then you would require a visa to visit the Schengen area.
Settled Status is a UK only arrangement and doesn't give "EU free movement" type privileges.
Thanks so much!

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 am

Resident card will work till the 30th June 2021,after that you need a visa to go to Europe,it’s in the home office website.