ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are visit visa being granted for Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shettys
Newly Registered

Standard visitor visas - Are they being granted at the moment?

Post by shettys » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 am

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for a standard visitor visa for my parents from india to visit me in the UK for few months this summer. Wondering if the standard visitor visas are being approved at the moment?

Thank you.

shettys
Newly Registered

Re: Standard visitor visas - Are they being granted at the moment?

Post by shettys » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 am

Hi My parents made the application the same day India was added to the red list countries. They have stated that they would like to travel in the middle of June on their application. Wondering if there is any point of making the visa application or should they rather contact UKVI to cancel it? My father has applied for a 6 month visa and my mother has applied for a 2 year visa. Any advice will be appricated.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi

I dont think they have stopped the visitor visa option but they wont be able to travel to UK with the red list ban.

Are you applying for the first time for your mother (2 year visa)?

handadhruv
Newly Registered
India

Post by handadhruv » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi,
I dont think they are issuing visitors visa. I had applied for my parents visa and they went for biometrics last week in Delhi, but they got email today that their visa is on hold due to India travel ban.
Please let me know in case you also received the same email.

Thanks

shettys
Newly Registered

Post by shettys » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:15 am

@yomishu My mother has visited once before , which is why she applied for a 2 year visa this time.

@handadhruv thank you for your update. My parents made the application on the 19th of april in bangalore and they have not yet received a response regarding the applications being on a hold. I just hope they do not reject the application and debit the money as well. Atleast if they put it on hold and allow the intended travel date to be amended in the future seems right to me. Will keep you posted anyway.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:18 pm

handadhruv wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:29 pm
Hi,
I dont think they are issuing visitors visa. I had applied for my parents visa and they went for biometrics last week in Delhi, but they got email today that their visa is on hold due to India travel ban.
Please let me know in case you also received the same email.

Thanks
Hi

What date did you mention in your application form? it might be because you mentioned date within the month of may or so that's why they provided you the hold reason

I haven't heard anyone else getting any email stating that visa is on hold

handadhruv
Newly Registered
India

Post by handadhruv » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi ,

Yes, planned date of travel was 18th May.
Also in vfs India website they are mentioning that visit visas are in hold irrespective of date you intend to travel.
Not sure if due to date of travel I received that email.
Any idea, will they reject visa since it doesnt look like travel will be lifted in May? I hope so not since we can amend dates to later in June/ July.

shettys
Newly Registered

Post by shettys » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:45 am

Hi All,

My parents received the same email that the visa processing is currently on hold as well because of the travel restrictions in place. They had mentioned 15th of june as the intended travel date on the application.

Hope the visa does not get rejected and they are allowed to amend their travel dates in the future when restrictions are eased.

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:55 pm

I applied my visitor visa. Submitted my documents in Delhi on 12 April. On 24 April got email my file is on hold. They mentioned if visa will grant they will let me know once india will be out from red list. If visa is refuse then they will let me know. But on 6 May I got my passport without visa and without refusal letter. I don't understand If it refused or not .

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm

shettys wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:45 am
Hi All,

My parents received the same email that the visa processing is currently on hold as well because of the travel restrictions in place. They had mentioned 15th of june as the intended travel date on the application.

Hope the visa does not get rejected and they are allowed to amend their travel dates in the future when restrictions are eased.
Did they get passport back ?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:16 pm

handadhruv wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Hi ,

Yes, planned date of travel was 18th May.
Also in vfs India website they are mentioning that visit visas are in hold irrespective of date you intend to travel.
Not sure if due to date of travel I received that email.
Any idea, will they reject visa since it doesnt look like travel will be lifted in May? I hope so not since we can amend dates to later in June/ July.
Hi did you get your passport back ? They send mine back without refusal letter without visa.

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:17 pm

shettys wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 am
Hi My parents made the application the same day India was added to the red list countries. They have stated that they would like to travel in the middle of June on their application. Wondering if there is any point of making the visa application or should they rather contact UKVI to cancel it? My father has applied for a 6 month visa and my mother has applied for a 2 year visa. Any advice will be appricated.
Hi did you get any update?

handadhruv
Newly Registered
India

Post by handadhruv » Sun May 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi Gurpreet

We have not received any update or got the passports back yet.
Did you check with VFS /UKVI regarding this, since they should mention something for the visa? We paid for the application and they should tell us while Giving passports back.

Regards
Dhruv

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:47 pm

handadhruv wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:15 pm
Hi Gurpreet

Did you check with VFS /UKVI regarding this, since they should mention something for the visa? We paid for the application and they should tell us while Giving passports back.

Regards
Dhruv
Dont know whats going on in uk embassy. I know more few people got passport back without visa and refusal letter. Can you tell me what was email about you got?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Gurpreet1987 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:47 pm
handadhruv wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:15 pm
Hi Gurpreet

Regards
Dhruv
Dont know whats going on in uk embassy. I know more few people got passport back without visa and refusal letter. Can you tell me what was email about you got?
My email was like this

As a result of travel ban your application for uk visa has been hold until india is removed from red list. Once india is removed from red list, UKVI will recommence assessment of your application.
Please note that a decision on your application has not yet been made. If your application granted you will be notified following india removal from red list. If your application refused you maybe contacted before india is removed from Red List.

handadhruv
Newly Registered
India

Post by handadhruv » Sun May 16, 2021 8:37 pm

I received exactly the same email, but have still not received any further emails or the passports back.
Atleast they should inform the next steps, Did you try reaching out to them?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:48 pm

handadhruv wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:37 pm
I received exactly the same email, but have still not received any further emails or the passports back.
Yes I send them email but not reply yet. My friend also applied but his email is different it was
Because of this ban on visitor , we will not able to assess your application until travel ban is lifted. Your application has not been refused. We will contact you when we are able to process your application. And he didn't get his passport back. How's your email 1st one or this one can you please check and tell me . I think those got this email will get visa and those who got 1st email I sent to you will not get visa.

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm

handadhruv wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:37 pm
Yes I send them email but not reply yet. My friend also applied but his email is different it was
Because of this ban on visitor , we will not able to assess your application until travel ban is lifted. Your application has not been refused. We will contact you when we are able to process your application. And he didn't get his passport back. How's your email 1st one or this one can you please check and tell me . I think those got this email will get visa and those who got 1st email I sent to you will not get visa.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:23 am

We received this email on the day 14 after we applied for visit visa for my parents.

Still no update after since this email, a month has been passed.

Can anyone tell me what does the message really mean and has anyone received the same? The country (Pakistan) is still on the ban list and no sign of coming out anytime soon.

They write as below;

Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19.

Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.

If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:27 am

We received this email on the day 14 after we applied for visit visa for my parents.

Can anyone tell me what does the message really mean and has anyone received the same? The country (Pakistan) is still on the ban list and no sign of coming out anytime soon.

They write as below;

Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found by clicking the link below.

Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.

If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 am

kufarooq1 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:27 am

They write as below;

Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found by clicking the link below.

Its mean they assessed your application and made a decision on it but they they send you passport back its mean its refused and you will get refusal letter once Pakistan will be out from red list. If they keep the passport then its mean your visa has been issued but you need to wait .

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:45 am

Thank you

kufarooq1

Are visit visa being granted for Pakistan

Post by kufarooq1 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Hello, as the subject suggests, anyone who has recently been granted or refused UK visit visa from Pakistan? Please let me know. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are visit visa being granted for Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 pm

We don't need new topics constantly on this question!

general-uk-immigration-forum/standard-v ... l#p2011879
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.