ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for India

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vjgopinath
Newly Registered

Timeline for India

Post by vjgopinath » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:20 pm

Hi,

Is the timeline for india reduced? Has anyone got immigration recently? (I heard it got reduced to 2 years, bcos less people are applying)

Thanks
VJ

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:25 pm

There is no timeline "reduction" specifically for India; all the processing times are driven by the situation at individual dimplomatic posts, among other factors. You can try contacting the post you plan to go through and see what is their current estimate. It is subject to change, however, so don't build any fixed plans on it.

2 years sounds like a reasonable figure, I've heard it quite a few times from different sources (not in India, though).

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:37 pm

vjgopinath,

Applicants must submit their application at the Canadian dipomatic post serving their country of nationality or country where they have been lawfully admitted for 12 months or more. e.g an Indian national who has been admitted to the U.K. on a 2 year work permit can apply at the Canadian High Commission in Delhi or London.

What this has new rule has done is re-direct those nationals who often used third country posts to process their applications back to their countries. A large number of such nationals were from India, Pakistan and China so it is likely that the queues at the Canadian posts in India, Pakistan and China are likely to increase rather than decrease.

Conversely queues at 'popular' third countries have dropped e.g. Singapore, Hong Kong and Buffalo.

However at all visa posts applications in the family class for a spouse/ unmarried partner and dependent children are prioritised and tend to be finalised within 12 months.

As per Cosmopol's advice contact your processing post for current times.

gurbalinders
Newly Registered

Official Time given on web-site

Post by gurbalinders » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:13 am

But the official time given on their web-site is 42 months.I applied in June,2002 but have yet to hear from them.Any tips or suggestions I could try to get the status of my application.PS I have applied under skilled _ Independent category