ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 prep work - queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 prep work - queries

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:35 pm

Only thing is if certificate arrives when we are out of the UK then I hope we are not officially/wantedly breaking any rules.
As long the Tier 2 Dep visa is valid, child will be able to return to UK. No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:35 pm
Only thing is if certificate arrives when we are out of the UK then I hope we are not officially/wantedly breaking any rules.
As long the Tier 2 Dep visa is valid, child will be able to return to UK. No issue.
Cool. Thanks for the guidence, will plan accordingly. I'll keep a close eye on MN1 timeline to see if trends change.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 pm

srsw wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:35 pm
Cool. Thanks for the guidence, will plan accordingly. I'll keep a close eye on MN1 timeline to see if trends change.
Any one can be the odd one out in the trend. Every case is processed on its own merits. So really you can not know. If you provide biometrics in July.. I believe you are safe to travel July/Aug without any certificate postage stress..but obviously its your choice.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 pm

Any one can be the odd one out in the trend. Every case is processed on its own merits. So really you can not know. If you provide biometrics in July.. I believe you are safe to travel July/Aug without any certificate postage stress..but obviously its your choice.
Yeah, I agree. I'm still in two minds btw, with the covid numbers shooting up in India and UK yet to announce international travel rules (traffic light system). It is looking difficult to plan travel & the MN1 application.

Another option is to start the MN1 application now and take India tourist visa for kids (7-10 days processing time) if travel is allowed, but again it all depends on when the certificate may arrive + British passport (7-10 days processing time) + India visa processing time. This is such a mess and thought Covid only screwed up 2020, but 2021 is not looking any better :(

Perhaps, I should leave MN1 for now, and concentrate on benefits application (that's again a big puzzle and I've used the benefits calculator, but that's about it). I'll start a different thread in the appropriate forum anyway.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am

Yes given the covid situation, travel is always a stress especially with young kids. India has one of the highest cases atm, plus scientists predict a third corona wave in UK during summer/autumn.. once the restrictions are eased.. so tbh.. its like a gamble these days.. I know many who went to Pakistan last week.. and now Pakistan is in red list effective 9Apr and they are stuck there or will have to pay for hotel quarantine.. same with almost 40 countries in red list!! So obviously things can change too quickly..

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am
Yes given the covid situation, travel is always a stress especially with young kids. India has one of the highest cases atm, plus scientists predict a third corona wave in UK during summer/autumn.. once the restrictions are eased.. so tbh.. its like a gamble these days.. I know many who went to Pakistan last week.. and now Pakistan is in red list effective 9Apr and they are stuck there or will have to pay for hotel quarantine.. same with almost 40 countries in red list!! So obviously things can change too quickly..
Oh! Just saw the hotel quarantine costs and that's going to cost anywhere between £2725 and upwards for a family. It is indeed a high stake gamble!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:13 pm

srsw wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am
Oh! Just saw the hotel quarantine costs and that's going to cost anywhere between £2725 and upwards for a family. It is indeed a high stake gamble!
Leaving aside the costs, locked up in a room for 11 nights with your wife and kids will be crazy! 😜

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:13 pm

Leaving aside the costs, locked up in a room for 11 nights with your wife and kids will be crazy! 😜
Ha ha.. that's true. Kids will go crazy & drive us crazy too. 😀

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 am

Just doing a bit more research regarding surrendering Indian passport after MN1 registration and found this (6th paragraph: https://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/Surrender.html )
"The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian passport/acquiring Indian passport/travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties. The Government of India has prescribed imposition of penalty on a graded scale for the violation of Passport Rules, depending on number of trips made on Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality (with a three month grace period from the date of acquiring foreign nationality i.e. the date of Naturalisation certificate), renewal of Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality and retention of Indian Passport for more than 3 years after acquiring of foreign nationality. The date on the Naturalisation Certificate will be treated as date of acquiring foreign nationality and hence, it is mandatory for the applicants to produce his / her Naturalisation Certificate for obtaining Surrender Certificate."
Looks like there's a 3 month grace period for kids to travel on Indian passport even if MN1 registration certificate arrives before the travel. This grace period only applies if we DON'T have the British passport, so SHOULDN'T apply for it if we want to use this grace period for travel.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu May 13, 2021 9:32 pm

A couple of questions please:

1. Should referee forms be signed and dated only after application submission date or is it ok to be signed a week or two before submission?

2. I read in FAQ or ukvcas site that Biometrics appointment slots are released at 9 am every day. I can't find this info again, so just wondering if I read it wrong or if it's actually 12 am?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 pm

1) Does not matter.

2)
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm

Great! Thanks CULLINAN.

Gosh, 1 am! Dreadful. Dark circles 😐

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 pm

srsw wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm
Great! Thanks CULLINAN.

Free appointments 6-9am.. sleepless nights! 😜

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 pm
srsw wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm
Great! Thanks CULLINAN.

Free appointments 6-9am.. sleepless nights! 😜
Yep, noted thanks. 6 to 9 am is thankfully doable 👍. Can't escape sleepless nights until the approval email arrives ☺️

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri May 14, 2021 10:10 am

Kept alarm for 6 am checked for a few minutes and gave up as I felt very sleepy :lol:

A few minutes back, logged in and noticed one free slot available in the 2nd week of June and booked it without wasting a second. Phew! A minimum of £150 saved.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun May 16, 2021 3:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:44 pm
srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:39 pm
A couple of questions related to the checklist that is generated at the end of the draft MN1 application.
Text in red is a question, text in blue is what I'll provide as evidence.

1. The passport issued for Miss XXXX (Current passport or previous passports as well? Full passport scan or just front & back + stamped pages?)
Current Bio page only is enough
2. Proof of Mr Dad's parental responsibility for Miss XXXX (Full Birth Certificate)
3. Proof of Mrs Mum's parental responsibility for Miss XXXX (Full Birth Certificate)
4. If Miss XXXX told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
5. A letter of consent from Miss XXXX's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
6. Miss XXXX's parents' marriage certificate
7. Two referee declarations for Miss XXXX
8. If Miss XXXX has a passport then provide this with your application. (same as point 1)
9. Miss XXXX's birth certificate (showing details of both parents). (Same as 2 & 3)
10. Miss XXXX's current biometric residence permit (BRP)

Anything else to add such as parent's passports (full or just bio/address pages), etc?
No
All blue is OK.
Forgot to ask, the same checklist for the second child too, but I guess there's no need to upload Parent's marriage certificate and parent's ILR BRPs again under the second child? I've already uploaded these 3 files under child 1 documents.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Are there separate sections for document upload for each applicant? In that case it's probably better to upload for each child - they are individual applications and may not be processed all at the same time.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun May 16, 2021 4:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:01 pm
Are there separate sections for document upload for each applicant? In that case it's probably better to upload for each child - they are individual applications and may not be processed all at the same time.
Yes, separate sections for both kids, but single MN1 application. Sure, will upload as suggested, just in case. Thank you.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:12 pm

Both my kids got their citizenship certificates.

Thank you CULLINAN, CR001, mumofmini and alterhase58 for your support and help.

On to British passport process now ☺️

Have a lovely weekend!