ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency worries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TopdawgGav
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Permanent residency worries

Post by TopdawgGav » Fri May 14, 2021 10:19 am

Guys,
My wife applied for permanent residence after 5 years on stamp 4 EUFAM Visa.She is married to me EU citizen.She got temporary extension for 10 months(apparently because of Covid19 backlog) with a view that they going to bring decision on permanent residency after that period expires.

Unfortunately my circumstances changed for bad as I was diagnosed with serious health condition and I shouldn't be working as per doctor's advice.Im currently on PUP payment and worried that if I go on illness benefit after they stop PUP payment,her visa renewal might be affected.

What's your take on my situation?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Permanent residency worries

Post by raja.brit » Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 am

Sorry to hear about your health.

My understanding is Illness benefit is a taxable income that is based on your PRSI and so its won't be treated as a "benifit" benefit as its your entitlement coz of your PRSI contribution.

Anyone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I hope it helps n all goes well.