ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking Work/Volunteer gigs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

777h7i777
Newly Registered
Singapore

Seeking Work/Volunteer gigs

Post by 777h7i777 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Hello,

I am from Singapore and am here on a family visa (spouse). It is currently near "completion" and I will have to apply to extend it to complete 5 years in the UK.

Initially while on a fiancee visa, the conditions were no work/volunteering. Now I am past that stage but cannot find any confirmation on the govt website as to whether I am able to volunteer. My BRP now says work allowed, but no mention of volunteering (been hard getting hired so we thought something to fill the gap would be good for local references etc). Does anyone know the answer please?

Also, I am looking for a job. Not choosy, anything in Glasgow Central or just out of Glasgow in the south side would be super. I understand asking here is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of an opening?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seeking Work/Volunteer gigs

Post by CR001 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:49 pm

You can do any work,paid or unpaid, on a spouse visa. There are no restrictions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.