ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretion Registration By Unmarried Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Discretion Registration By Unmarried Parents

Post by TandT » Wed May 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Please anyone with clear understanding on this!

1,Parents not married
2,Father British {naturalised}
3,Mother {FLR M}
4,Daughter {FLR M} age 17 years old this month but been in UK since age 3yrs in {2007}
4,Two sons both British

Please I will like to get my daughter register as a British by Discretion but without been married to her father since she was born 2004 till now as we only did traditional wedding and no legal certificate of marriage.

What section can I apply on please everyone or do I have to be married now for her to qualify? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Discretion Registration By Unmarried Parents

Post by CR001 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm

She needs ilr first. There is no shortcut route for children born abroad.

Does she not qualify for ilr based in 10 years long residence??

Also below topic of yours???

british-citizenship/child-registration- ... l#p1930302
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Re: Discretion Registration By Unmarried Parents

Post by TandT » Fri May 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you for reminding me of my previous post, so sorry, I should have created a new thread.

What happened was I am waiting from the PRCBC case next month over the minor British Registration application fee and her dad just wanted to apply for her. Basically, I quite understand your point on the issue of no shortcut but that organisation mentioned above has done much of the similar cases if only you think the minor can demonstrate he/she has been in UK since possibly toddler till 16/17 years old and possibly British siblings,education and community achievements, you can ask the Home Secretary on discretion for the child registration as a British.

1,I will appriciate if anyone can help with the issue of teachers for referee and she chooses to use the school address instead of her home address for [safeguard reason]she stated it on the form.

2, I think the law changed in 2006 that child of unmarried parent can be register as British by the father but before then the child can only benefit from the mother and my daughter was born in 2004, so, that was the only concen that i have as we are not married then. It state clearly on their guideline under distrectionar basis.