ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

driving offence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

T1G_Oct
Newly Registered

driving offence

Post by T1G_Oct » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi guys,
I got 3 points and paid a fine for driving with provisional driving licence last year. I filled No under the criminal conviction section of the T1G form submitted abt 4 wks ago. DVLA confirmed that it is not a criminal offence. However, i felt i should have included it in my application, but seems it's late now.

Pls what do you advise?

Also, i heard there is a 28days grace after ones visa expires. during this period can one make application into another catgory like student for instance?

Pls help.

Snoozles

Post by Snoozles » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:22 pm

If you were not arrested, and only got a ticket, it is not a criminal conviction - So you will be fine.

Sorry, can't help you with the 28 day rule.

nevadawipes

Re: driving offence

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:43 pm

You wont be able to apply for any other category without your passport which u v sent to HO. so 28days rule wont matter in ur case anyways. as far as the offence is concerned its not criminal but u could have disclosed it anyways.

you can disclose info. before urcase is decided thau

T1G_Oct wrote:Hi guys,
I got 3 points and paid a fine for driving with provisional driving licence last year. I filled No under the criminal conviction section of the T1G form submitted abt 4 wks ago. DVLA confirmed that it is not a criminal offence. However, i felt i should have included it in my application, but seems it's late now.

Pls what do you advise?

Also, i heard there is a 28days grace after ones visa expires. during this period can one make application into another catgory like student for instance?

Pls help.

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi guys,

Pls what do you advise?

Pls help.
Hi,

I would suggest it is absolutely necessary to mention those details. There is a a form which you can fill & send to HO known as Change in material facts. I don't have a link, but if you search in UKBA website, you mat find one..

If you dont' fill & UKBA checked ur records then they will reject straight away. There are few people in the forum who have received rejection. I would suggest without further delay, do the needful. ven those details, it should not be rejected. And by the way form asks for traffic offences and not only criminal offences.

Rest is upto you, this is just a suggestion.

Cheer!
Jackie

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Post by spattigilli » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:22 am

Hi All,

I am applying for EC and need a clarification. I was involved in an accident in Nov,2007 in US. Will this come as a traffic offence / convention. If yes, can I fill "NONE" for the following questions :
a) Where are you Convicted
b) What is the result of Conviction.

Thank in advance

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 pm

spattigilli wrote:I was involved in an accident in Nov,2007 in US
Give us more information. Did the police attend the scene? Were you arrested? Were you prosecuted? Did you attend a Court in relation to this matter?

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Post by spattigilli » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 pm

niw2 wrote:
spattigilli wrote:I was involved in an accident in Nov,2007 in US
Give us more information. Did the police attend the scene? Were you arrested? Were you prosecuted? Did you attend a Court in relation to this matter?
I intimated hidhway patrol, both the parties contacted our insurance group and solved the issue and we intimated the DMV office regarding the accident . Police did not come to the scene and there was no report taken. No one was arrested and no one was taken to court taken to court or prosecuted.

Thanks

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:25 am

spattigilli wrote:I intimated hidhway patrol, both the parties contacted our insurance group and solved the issue and we intimated the DMV office regarding the accident . Police did not come to the scene and there was no report taken. No one was arrested and no one was taken to court taken to court or prosecuted.
Then you have nothing to declare.

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Post by spattigilli » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot niw2