ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR:Gap in Employment under HSMP/General Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 pm

I would be grateful if somebody can assist me with answering the below question or suggesting an immigration solicitor who can advise me.

In December 2008 I will be applying for ILR (5 years) on the following basis:

1. January 2004 - June 2006: work permit
2. June 2006 - June 2008: HSMP
3. June 2008 - June 2011: General Tier1

As soon as I got HSMP in June 2006 I left my job. I had not been economically active till November 2006 (5 months) and I also had another gap: March 2007 - May 2007 (3 months). From June 2007 till present I've been working (and planning to continue working).

These two gaps (of 5 and 3 months) are obvious from the documents I am going to produce (pay slips, letters from employers) and I am puzzled to whether I should explain these gaps on Form Set (O) when applying for ILR (in the cover letter). In case I have to expain these gaps what kind of explanation case worker is looking for?

Thank you so much!

Snoozles

Post by Snoozles » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Why were you economically inactive?

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Firstly, I needed a rest (a break from work), then I was doing some part-time volunteering work (in a different sector), then I was looking for a job.

republique
BANNED

Re: Applying for ILR:Gap in Employment under HSMP/General Ti

Post by republique » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:31 pm

winduser wrote:I would be grateful if somebody can assist me with answering the below question or suggesting an immigration solicitor who can advise me.

As soon as I got HSMP in June 2006 I left my job. I had not been economically active till November 2006 (5 months) and I also had another gap: March 2007 - May 2007 (3 months). From June 2007 till present I've been working (and planning to continue working).

These two gaps (of 5 and 3 months) are obvious from the documents I am going to produce (pay slips, letters from employers) and I am puzzled to whether I should explain these gaps on Form Set (O) when applying for ILR (in the cover letter). In case I have to expain these gaps what kind of explanation case worker is looking for?

Thank you so much!
How annoying that you double posted.

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:36 pm

I'm very sorry if my double posting annoyed you or anybody else (I'm new on this forum and as there no separate category for ILR I would have thought it would be ok to post this question on both General and Tier 1 sections).

It's just this issue is very important as the last thing I need is for the case worker to deny me ILR on the basis I didn't explain the gaps.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:43 pm

winduser wrote:I'm very sorry if my double posting annoyed you or anybody else (I'm new on this forum and as there no separate category for ILR I would have thought it would be ok to post this question on both General and Tier 1 sections).

It's just this issue is very important as the last thing I need is for the case worker to deny me ILR on the basis I didn't explain the gaps.
Read the Announcement section which you had to have noticed for you to see more than one category for your double posting

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:49 pm

If i knew how to delete the second one I would have done it already. But I don't know!

I'm extremely sorry, but this issue is CRUCIAL for me. If you wish to help me, please do.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Your ILR will not be affected by these gap's till the time u were active economically in the last year of the 5 year period before you apply for ILR.

Hope this helps!!

:)
winduser wrote:I would be grateful if somebody can assist me with answering the below question or suggesting an immigration solicitor who can advise me.

Thank you so much!

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Thank you!

Does it mean I dont have to bother about explaining the gaps in the cover letter?