ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General questions - please advise - couldnt find answer anywhere

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maryana
Newly Registered
Germany

General questions - please advise - couldnt find answer anywhere

Post by Maryana » Sat May 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi,

I have a couple of questions and hope you can help me understand this a little bit better.
EU citizen Naturalisation apolication based on 5 years residency.

1. The 6 week rule is for 5 years before the application or for the 5 years you are presenting with documents (could be 7 years ago?)?

2. Can I send documents for any 5 years in the last 8 I have been living in Ireland?

3. Do I reduce time around absence and not include the days I travelled and came back? Can I even take those days out?

4. What day counts as day of application? Is it the day I send it by post?

5. How do I calculate time, is it calendar year or if I apply 01.06.2021, it's 365 days back to 01.06.2020?

Thank you very much in advance.

Maryana :(

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: General questions - please advise - couldnt find answer anywhere

Post by Vorona » Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 pm

1. 5 last years in chronological order.
2. You can, but expect to be asked for more documents, so better have enough proofs for each year of residence.
3. Days of departure and arrival do not have to be counted as absence.
4. Date when you sign the statutory declaration.
5. Fiscal year, from the date when you immigrated to Ireland.

more here: ireland/help-needed-irish-citizenship-b ... 10563.html

Maryana
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Maryana » Sat May 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:12 pm
1. 5 last years in chronological order.
2. You can, but expect to be asked for more documents, so better have enough proofs for each year of residence.
3. Days of departure and arrival do not have to be counted as absence.
4. Date when you sign the statutory declaration.
5. Fiscal year, from the date when you immigrated to Ireland.

more here: ireland/help-needed-irish-citizenship-b ... 10563.html
Thank you so very much! This reduced my absence a lot!
I have all documents for 7 years ready, just need to notarise the declaration and get my photos. But have no bills or lease, always lived in a house where landlord didn't give it. I hope they understand.

One last question if you don't mind.

I want to apply in June to have my passport back on time to go to my sister's wedding and visit the family. Last year I worked from Germany in May and June (8 weeks). So if I apply 1st June, would it count as 4 weeks absence in last 365 days? And the other 4 weeks goes in year before?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Yes it will. But I'd strongly recommend applying after the wedding because you passport can be held by Department for a long time, and even if you use another document to go to Germany, you will still need to tell them where you are going and for how long after sending the application if it's for 6 weeks or more.

You will need to give as much strong evidence of your residence as possible, if you don't have utility bills, give the statement from your landlord that you have indeed lived in their house all these years, revenue letters sent to the same address that you claim you have lived at, etc. As I said above if you don't have enough proof, you may be asked for additional documents and your application can be refused.

Maryana
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Maryana » Sat May 15, 2021 5:10 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Yes it will. But I'd strongly recommend applying after the wedding because you passport can be held by Department for a long time, and even if you use another document to go to Germany, you will still need to tell them where you are going and for how long after sending the application if it's for 6 weeks or more.

You will need to give as much strong evidence of your residence as possible, if you don't have utility bills, give the statement from your landlord that you have indeed lived in their house all these years, revenue letters sent to the same address that you claim you have lived at, etc. As I said above if you don't have enough proof, you may be asked for additional documents and your application can be refused.
The landlord has refused, I did ask. I think he is afraid since the house is not registered for letting, not one of 5 apartments. But I do have bank statements and revenue letters showing that address.

Yes, that is logical about waiting. Unfortunately our granfmother is very sick and that's why the wedding can't be postponed. And if she only has little time I would have to go for at least 2 months back home to help with everything and say goodybe. It's just us 3. I am afraid to be in a situation where I don't have my passport .

Thank you for being kind and finding the time to answer my questions. It means a lot.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's condition. You need to decide for yourself if applying for citizenship in current circumstances is really important for you to risk waiting several months for your passport. If it was me, I would have finished my family business first, and applied after returning.

Maryana
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Maryana » Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 pm
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's condition. You need to decide for yourself if applying for citizenship in current circumstances is really important for you to risk waiting several months for your passport. If it was me, I would have finished my family business first, and applied after returning.
Thank you. I'll think about it for the next two weeks.

For periods where I was absent 45 days in fiscal year, do I send a detailed sheet when and why. With 5 separate trips, that is minus 10 days going there an back. Just wondering if they need to see it still.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat May 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Maryana wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm
For periods where I was absent 45 days in fiscal year, do I send a detailed sheet when and why. With 5 separate trips, that is minus 10 days going there an back. Just wondering if they need to see it still.
All absences of 42 days or more must be declared. By signing statutory declaration you are declaring that all information is accurate and truthful.

Create a simple table in Word or Excel, with your name, date and list all your absences like below:

Absences in 2019:
02 May 2019 - 14 May 2019 - Germany, visiting family (or business, holiday etc).
13 August 2019 - 25 August 2019 - Turkey, holiday...etc
Then give total days of absence for that year and continue to the next year.

Then print it out, sign and attach to your application.

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am

That is very helpful Vorona. Thank you.

Quick Q. Can the pdf form eg form 8 be typed up and filled in on Acrobat or similar editor or must it be handwritten? (Bar the signed declaration of course).

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun May 16, 2021 2:54 pm

zigandzag wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am
That is very helpful Vorona. Thank you.

Quick Q. Can the pdf form eg form 8 be typed up and filled in on Acrobat or similar editor or must it be handwritten? (Bar the signed declaration of course).
Page 16 - Use a black pen and print in block capitals.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun May 16, 2021 3:38 pm

You absolutely can type them in, and they are preferred over some of the bad handwriting. Just use black ink.

INIS have already made Form 10 & 11 e-Forms, which means filling in the form by computer rather than hand writing is preferred. In these forms they also mention black pen. This is because blue oil makes it more difficult for scanners to work. They will eventually make Form 8 & 9 e-Forms.