ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Duration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

narulade

FLR Duration

Post by narulade » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Team

my 2 years of initial HSMP Visa with new rules will expired in Feb 2009 but because of my travel plans i want to apply for FLR in nov 2008.. is anybody got any idea hw much duration of FLR i will get if i apply before expire of my 2 years.. it will be for 3 years or for 3 years and 4 months which is my time left for Indefinate Leave to remain (ILR).. your help in this regard will really help me allot.. if possible please forward some link for this also.

Regards,

nevadawipes

Re: FLR Duration

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 pm

narulade wrote:Hi Team

my 2 years of initial HSMP Visa with new rules will expired in Feb 2009 but because of my travel plans i want to apply for FLR in nov 2008.. is anybody got any idea hw much duration of FLR i will get if i apply before expire of my 2 years.. it will be for 3 years or for 3 years and 4 months which is my time left for Indefinate Leave to remain (ILR).. your help in this regard will really help me allot.. if possible please forward some link for this also.

Regards,
Max. extension u get in any case is 3 years not more than that

narulade

FLR Duration

Post by narulade » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello Sir

Thanks for your reply.. then after three years again i need to apply for extention with point base criteria for three months more.. as by that time i will already spend 4 years and 9 months on HSMP in UK. and in my case what you will suggest me to do..

Regards,

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 pm

narulade wrote:Hello Sir

Thanks for your reply.. then after three years again i need to apply for extention with point base criteria for three months more.. as by that time i will already spend 4 years and 9 months on HSMP in UK. and in my case what you will suggest me to do..

Regards,
Thats exactly u will need to do. it also depends when ur extension is approved.

touchsensor

Hi there

Post by touchsensor » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

As far as I understood from reading one of the threads before, you FLR gets extended from you current leave end date as it is the same category. Please double check as I know some of members in here have had similar experience.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
touchsensor

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:29 am

Do they give extension again for few months ? I was thinking that if someone delays entry into the UK after getting HSMP visa and so either 3+ 2 or 2+3 visa, the five year period will be difficult to achieve and indefinite leave to remain cannot be made unless you complete 4 years and 11 months. so i was wondering whether they issue extension second time in case one falls short in minimum period required for indefinate leave to remain?
any info/ suggestion please?
Thanks

nevadawipes wrote:

Regards,

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 am

hsmp100 wrote:Do they give extension again for few months ? I was thinking that if someone delays entry into the UK after getting HSMP visa and so either 3+ 2 or 2+3 visa, the five year period will be difficult to achieve and indefinite leave to remain cannot be made unless you complete 4 years and 11 months. so i was wondering whether they issue extension second time in case one falls short in minimum period required for indefinate leave to remain?
any info/ suggestion please?
Thanks
nevadawipes wrote:

Regards,
They will issue u an extension depending on the rules at that time. but if u will be granted an extension for the second time in case u dnt fulfill the 5years holiday thing then it will be issued for another 2 yrs not 2-3 months. I think thats wht nevedawipes suggested aswell.

Hope this helps

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 am

Hi,
Normally HSMP visas are issued 2+ 3 or 3+ 2 years and then indefinate leave to remain in UK. i am wondering if someone delays entry into uk on HSMP visa and cannot meet the minimum required period of 4 years and 11 months to be eligible to apply for indefinate leave to remain then what to do? do they give second extension if one falls short to achieve that period after first extention? I mean 3 + 2 + some extension?

appreciate any guidance
thanks

Regards,

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 am

Regards,

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

[b]hsmp100[/b] wrote:Hi,
Normally HSMP visas are issued 2+ 3 or 3+ 2 years and then indefinate leave to remain in UK. i am wondering if someone delays entry into uk on HSMP visa and cannot meet the minimum required period of 4 years and 11 months to be eligible to apply for indefinate leave to remain then what to do? do they give second extension if one falls short to achieve that period after first extention? I mean 3 + 2 + some extension?

appreciate any guidance
thanks
Stop making DUPLICATE POSTS. I have answered your question already. What are u on about?? Read the posts on the thread carefully before making duplicate posts and cluttering the board

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:37 pm

So if someone delays in entering UK after getting Tier 1,
He/she might have to apply for extension second time to be eligible for ILR,
then in that case points for age assesment will go on decreasing ?

For the second extension you might get only 5 points or zero points for age assesment ?

Am i Right ?

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:53 pm

cooolz wrote:So if someone delays in entering UK after getting Tier 1,

For the second extension you might get only 5 points or zero points for age assesment ?

Am i Right ?
That will obviously depend on your AGE at the time of application for extension.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 pm

cooolz wrote:So if someone delays in entering UK after getting Tier 1,

Am i Right ?
Yes, you are right.