ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flrfp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Scofield1
Newly Registered

Complex situation to apply for flrfp route

Post by Scofield1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 am

Hi lovely people, I’ve been going through some of the cases on here and finally want to seek some help from you guys. Please any little response on what steps I take will be much appreciated.
I entered the Uk in September, 2018 on a tier 4 visa to do my masters and my visa expired on the 13th January, 2020 afterwards I have been overstaying.
I got involved with a British citizen who is now my ex and God blessings we have a beautiful daughter who is 6 months old currently. Due to my ex partner’s past she was under social services hence my daughter was automatically put under child protection agencies, I’ve had several arguments with my ex partner’s social worker in the past because she went to search my name and told my ex I’m here temporarily so she should becareful around me which brought up all the arguments, so her social worker doesn’t have a good name of me on her lip.
My ex allows me to see my daughter since she was born but refused to involve me on her birth certificate because she is scared the child protection service might take our daughter away if does so due to my past arguments with her social services. My ex partner wants to legalise my stay to be in my daughter’s life but she is scared of what the child protection services might do if they find out so she has asked me to wait till our daughter’s name is off the child protection services list before she can help me in that sense.
I want to apply as a parent through the flrfp route but my name is not on my British citizen daughter’s birth certificate and considering my situation don’t know how to go about it. Can anyone give me any advice please? Even the littlest advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Garry20g

Re: Complex situation to apply for flrfp route

Post by Garry20g » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Birth certificate not a problem. You can prove by dna test. But the main point is you have to prove that you are contact with your baby.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:47 pm

Can you clarify if your daughter is currently with your ex-partner or is in child protection care?

Have you approached the court about an access order?

Scofield1
Newly Registered

Post by Scofield1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:38 am

Thanks for your response much appreciated. She’s currently with my ex but my child’s name is on the child protection services.

No I’ve not tried the court as my ex currently makes me have contact with the child but I hear since we not together it won’t last.
Can I use just a dna test and court order to apply for the flrfp route for 10 years? without my ex passport or consent

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:21 pm

The court access will take you a down the route where you have a possibility of FLR, without the court order you have not established a right in law to access your daughter. As it stands unless you have some form of documentation or written consent from your ex-partner you might as well be any Joe off the street.
The DNA test can only happen if your ex-partner gives consent, and once you have the result it is only proof of your genetic connection, nothing more.
There are a number of barriers and considerations that will have to be over come before you achieve a right to remain so you are a long way from any level of surety.

Given the precarious position of your ex-partner being subject to child protection concerns and her own access to the child being subject to review , your illegal status in the UK, it is going to be an amazing long shot for social services to support your access to your daughter. If they felt you would be a positive in the child’s life they would have involved you, that appears not to be the case and will be reflected in your application for access.

I am guessing here but is your ex-partners child protection issues due to addiction and if so was your relationship with her during a period of addiction?

If there is a yes & yes to the above then the next questions that will follow will be challenging in every aspect of your attempts to remain.

Scofield1
Newly Registered

Flrfp

Post by Scofield1 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:18 am

Hi dear learned ones, please anyone’s suggestion to my case will be much appreciated.
I’m currently an overstayer and going to apply for an flrfp based on my British citizen baby born by my British citizen ex girlfriend.
I’ve got all documents for the application ready however I will like to only use a dna paternity test for my application to show my relationship with my child without the birth certificate as my name is not on the birth certificate for certain personal reasons. Will that work please? Any response will be much appreciated lovely forum members.
My question is can I replace the birth certificate with the dna results?
Thanks in advance