ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scan of stamps for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR passport stamp in a different EU country than the one I entered

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi, I am applying for ILR from Tier 2 visa route.
As part of the application I have to detail the time out of the UK. On one of the business trips, I flew to Poland via Copenhagen (transit) and the stamps in my passport states Copenhagen for both entry and exit as I believe there was no immigration control in Poland where I landed and hence the reason for my passport being stamped in Copenhagen.
My employer's letter will state the business trip as me going to Poland.
Do I need to provide any further information or detail the reason as to why there is no stamp in the passport in Poland?
I guess there is no harm in stating when I am filling the immigration history section that the purpose of the trip was "business trip via Copenhagen"?
Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR passport stamp in a different EU country than the one I entered

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 6:28 pm

No issue. You may list you visited Poland via Copenhagen for a business trip in the reason section. Entry/Exit dates to/from UK matters only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 pm

Thanks Cullinan, perhaps a silly one but will it make a difference if the wording doesn't exactly match to what it states on the letter from my employer, e.g., if the employer only states business trip and I state business trip via Copenhagen?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 pm

mtalhakhan15 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 pm
Thanks Cullinan, perhaps a silly one but will it make a difference if the wording doesn't exactly match to what it states on the letter from my employer, e.g., if the employer only states business trip and I state business trip via Copenhagen?
No. You are overthinking. Even if you do not state that in the reason, its okay. Just suggested a way for your peace of mind.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:27 pm

Cool, this helps a lot, thank you!

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Can I use my phone to scan and upload documents for ILR?

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi, Is it possible to use my phone to scan documents as opposed to using a traditional scanner when I upload documents for ILR (from Tier 2)?
Obviously that would be a lot more convenient for me, I would be able to get perhaps an even better image quality, would be in colour (I know it doesn't matter) etc. but was just wondering if that's okay?
Just wanted to check if someone else has done it in the past and if they had any problems or issues with it?
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Can I use my phone to scan and upload documents for ILR?

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 4:52 pm

I have always used my phone to scan documents for all my applications post 2018. Never had any issues.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Can I use my phone to scan and upload documents for ILR?

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:24 pm

Cool, thanks for the confirmation Cullinan.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Scan of stamps for ILR

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi, I had a couple of questions and was wondering if someone could clarify these. I am applying for ILR via Tier 2 visa route.

1) I have read multiple opinions on the forum regarding passport scans upload. Is it okay if I upload JUST main passport page and the stamped pages ONLY or should I upload the entire passport?
I have a couple of passports and my second passport only has stamp on one page and seems like a waste of both my and HO's time to upload 30 blank pages but obviously if that's the better approach then I will do so.

2) I got one of my passports when I was a student in Pakistan and I have NEVER travelled on it. Do I need to include that passport too? The checklist states: "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK" and as such I don't see any point in including that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Scan of stamps for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 pm

Topics merged!! Please do not post ILR questions in the skilled worker sub forum. Keep all your questions about ILR in one topic please, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:20 pm

Thanks CR001, would appreciate the help from any member regarding the questions posted above or any experience they have had in this context!

mtalhakhan15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mtalhakhan15 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Another silly question to add to the ones above, do I need to include the passport front and back cover pages?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am

mtalhakhan15 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:09 pm
Another silly question to add to the ones above, do I need to include the passport front and back cover pages?
ONLY the biometric page and stamps
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice