ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunnymay

Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by sunnymay » Mon May 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi all,

Have a question regarding the amount of health surcharge to pay as a family member joining a person settled in the UK on ILR. I cannot find the correct visa type under the "About the person you are joining in the UK" section. Any ideas? https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... er/Joining

The amount of health surcharge to pay should be £624 * 3 = £1,872, since "You can stay in the UK for 2 years and 9 months on this visa. - https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse", but when I'm submitting my application it charges me 3,658.42 USD (or £2,590)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:34 pm

What date are you putting in as your ilr expiry date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for dependant to join ILR holder

Post by zimba » Mon May 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Such a person will only be issued a max of 33 months on their entry clearance as per rules. However, the immigration health surcharge is incorrectly calculated by the online system as it is not smart enough to enforce this limit. This is because you are probably entering 31/12/2024 as the expiry date of the BRP of your partner (this date is in fact the current expiry of anyone who holds an ILR BRP card). Instead, you should enter an earlier ILR card expiry date to match only 33 months of visa to get the correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you 4 years of IHS fees (it assumes the visa will be issued until 31/12/2024)
Later on, the caseworker has to refund the extra year charged back to you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice