ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status check for Application for regsitration of child under 18 as a British Citizen(MN1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mahi247
Newly Registered
India

Status check for Application for regsitration of child under 18 as a British Citizen(MN1)

Post by mahi247 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Immigration Board,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this.This is with refernce to my daughters Britsih Citizeship Application(MN1).I have applied for her visa on 12 December 2020 and we had appointment on 8 JANUARY 2021 in Lodon office.Its been more than 5 month.I haven't received any updates from the Home office.Just wondering if anyone going through the same.
And also,It would be good if anyone can help me with any of the link where i can get status.
I have been chasing the Home Office by sending the mails to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.
But no luck.
Please could you help me with anyof the lead.

Thanks in advance
Mahi

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Status check for Application for regsitration of child under 18 as a British Citizen(MN1)

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Unfortunately there is is no online facility to check status. You say you applied for her visa - you meant registration? You should receive daughter's certificate by post. Try emailing to this address: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mahi247
Newly Registered
India

Re: Status check for Application for regsitration of child under 18 as a British Citizen(MN1)

Post by mahi247 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Thanks alter for the reply,Sorry,I meant naturalization registration for minor application who is Indian born in UK.Myself and my wife recived ILR in the month for Nov,2020.
As per your suggestion,i will drop a mail to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

thanks and have nice one

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Form MN1/regisration as a British citizen is not a visa/immigration application. Therefore it can't be tracked.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Indian Born?
what is her age and immigration history?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 pm

katanayi wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm
Indian Born?
what is her age and immigration history?
OP is asking about progress of their application ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:37 pm

mahi247 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:04 pm
Hi Immigration Board,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this.This is with refernce to my daughters Britsih Citizeship Application(MN1).I have applied for her visa on 12 December 2020 and we had appointment on 8 JANUARY 2021 in Lodon office.Its been more than 5 month.I haven't received any updates from the Home office.Just wondering if anyone going through the same.
And also,It would be good if anyone can help me with any of the link where i can get status.
I have been chasing the Home Office by sending the mails to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.
But no luck.
Please could you help me with anyof the lead.

Thanks in advance
Mahi

Hi Mahi247,

I am same as you, We received ILR in Nov 2020 and applied for Naturalization certificate (MN1 Registration) on 14 Dec 2020 and Bio Metric on 6 Jan 2021 (Paid Service at Birmingham)
I received an E-Mail from Home Office on 15 -Dec 2020 saying "It may take 6 months to make a decision" a standard E-Mail.Since then I haven't received anything from them. I am now getting very much frustrated about this.
I will try to send a E-Mail to the above mentioned E-Mail address NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please share if you have any further development with your application.
I can also see that many like us are waiting (From MN1 timelines) but there are lot many applicants who have received their Child Naturalization certificate with application made on later dates.

YM1900

Post by YM1900 » Sun May 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Same story here, application from 14/12/2020 - no comms apart from a regular "6 months email" ever since.

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:44 am

Same here, application made on 16 Dec, and still waiting.

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:27 am

I sent a E-Mail to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking for an update but I doubt if I will get any reply?
Seems there are many Dec Applicants waiting still like us. :cry:

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Quick update application made on 16 Dec, certificate received today (24 May). Hopefully other Dec applicants will receive theirs soon.

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Adam17 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:54 pm
Quick update application made on 16 Dec, certificate received today (24 May). Hopefully other Dec applicants will receive theirs soon.
Congrats Adam17...
Our wait continues.

iamthesams
Newly Registered
India

Post by iamthesams » Wed May 26, 2021 10:23 am

I am waiting too since January. Is it 6 months from the date of application or from the date of Biometrics submitted? Thanks!

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:46 am

iamthesams wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:23 am
I am waiting too since January. Is it 6 months from the date of application or from the date of Biometrics submitted? Thanks!
I am in that confusion too but I think it from the date of application and not biometric because I received a E-Mail from Homeoffice after my application was submitted and not after the biometrics.

======================================================================================
Dear XYZ

Case ID: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team

YM1900

Post by YM1900 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:28 pm

We're a bit more than one week away from 6 months after application date. Does it make any sense to start with HO emails or they don't get back to people these days and MP is the only realistic way forward?

What are the chances of certificate to be lost in transit? Is it normally sent via regular post or with a courier service as BRP cards?