ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Soon-to-be Ex EEA Family Member Applying for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahka
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Soon-to-be Ex EEA Family Member Applying for Citizenship

Post by shahka » Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are well!

I’ve got a bit of a situation: basically I’ve got my ILR via the EU Settlement Scheme through the Surinder Singh route. I’m currently going through divorce and have only just been granted decree nisi. My questions are as per below:

1) on the online citizenship application form it’s asking for my marital status. My logic is to answer ‘separated’ but since I’m technically still married, should I answer ‘married’?

2) Do I answer ‘No’ the question below?

‘Are you either:
-An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
-A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card’

3) When being asked ‘Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?’, do I include applications for my student visa back in 2009, the 6-month temporary EEA Family permit I came to the UK after exercising surinder singh route, and the 5-year Residence Card of an EEA family member? To be honest I’m most unsure of my student visa that I got way back when but do you guys reckon I should include anyway?

Thank you in advance for your help!! X

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Soon-to-be Ex EEA Family Member Applying for Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:41 pm

1) You are currently still "Married".
2) If you never had an EU PR card say "No" - this is from the time when EU PR was a common scenario.
3) The question asks for "any" so include all applications
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shahka
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Soon-to-be Ex EEA Family Member Applying for Citizenship

Post by shahka » Mon May 17, 2021 9:26 pm

Thank you for your speedy reply! Do you reckon I should write an explanatory note to say that I’m half way through the divorce process just in case?