ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2021ILRapplicant
Newly Registered

SET(LR) English language

Post by 2021ILRapplicant » Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am

I am planning to file my ILR application. In 2013 at the time of my ICT extension application, I took Cambridge ESOL Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International and achieved Council of Europe Level B2 but there was some rule change during that time.

As per my Subject Access Record, there are entries as provided below. Could you please guide me I can use my 2013 ESOL for ILR application or do I need to take another exam

*** ENGLISH LANGUAGE ***
Deemed as an English speaking country?: No
Points awarded for: N/A - Intra Company Transfer extending under 3 years
Evidence provided?: N/A
Points required: 0
Comments: NA as rule changes on 1st October 2013, means that ICT applicant do not have to meet english language requirment

GCID - Case Record Sheet
Document
Document Type-englishLanguageEvidence
Identifier-englishLanguageEvidence-Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Long Term staff leave to remain Mandated-true

English Language
Awarded via Exempt - ICT extending under 3 years
English Points Awarded 0

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(LR) English language

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am

No. Old ESOL is not accepted. You must sit a Secure IELTS exam or a LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (April 2020 onwards)

indefinite-leave-to-remain/faqs-english ... l#p1906260
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

2021ILRapplicant
Newly Registered

Re: SET(LR) English language

Post by 2021ILRapplicant » Tue May 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks for your quick response.

2021ILRapplicant
Newly Registered

SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Post by 2021ILRapplicant » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am

How important are letters received individually to prove the relationship for SET (LR) at the same address when we have been married for 15+ years. Can we attach HMRC Tax Code notice letters and Joint account bank certificate of interest annually, will that suffice. My wife does not have her name in any utility bills, she has a credit card though if that is acceptable. please help

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(LR) - Prove relationship

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:30 am

The list is generic and those documents are NOT required at all. SET(LR) has nothing to do with your dependants/partner/etc. You must apply on your own and qualify on your own.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

2021ILRapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by 2021ILRapplicant » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 am

Thank you for your prompt response Zimba. That's what I thought SET (LR) are independent applications but after filling all the information online application when it gives the document list 4 out of 9 is to prove the relationship with either my wife or child.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:48 am

2021ILRapplicant wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 am
Thank you for your prompt response Zimba. That's what I thought SET (LR) are independent applications but after filling all the information online application when it gives the document list 4 out of 9 is to prove the relationship with either my wife or child.
Ignore the list in this specific situation