ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query - absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

ILR Query - absence

Post by mansoorwani » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am

Hi Dear,

I have few questions regarding my ILR application and any help will be highly appreciated...!! :)

Me and my wife are planning to submit our ILR application on 9th June 2021 online and there are few questions in the applications that are confusing or not sure how to answer:

1. At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?

I was give a PCN in October 2018 for over speeding in post. I paid the £100 fine and accepted 3 penalty points on License. Reading different forums it seems if you have not gone to court for the fine then there is no need to disclose it in your ILR application as it was not a conviction.

2. Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds?

My wife (on dependent Visa) lost her job during Pandemic and is receiving Jobseeker Allowance basis her 2 years NI contribution. Reading different forums it seems that Jobseeker's allowance is not considered a public fund if it basis your NI contribution and there is no need to disclose it in the application.

3. Time for 5yrs Calculation

My wife entered few days after me into UK on Tier 2 Dependent Visa. Our both Entry clearance is valid from 7th July 2016 and she entered UK on 22nd July 2016 (10days after me) and her BRP is valid from 19th July. So is it safe to calculate her 5yrs from 7th July 2016.

4. Moving house during application

My landlord has served me notice to leave by June end 2021. I am planning to submit my application by 9th June on priority service to receive decision in 5 days. Is it advisable to move house while ILR application is in process just incase application gets delayed for any reason.

5. Last question: If you have marriage certificate, do you need proof of cohabitation ?

Kindly help.
Thanks Very Much
Mansoor

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Query - absence

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:12 am

1. PCNs do not need to be declared
2. Contribution-based jobseeker’s allowance is NOT part of the public funds.
3. Use the visa issue date
4. You will simply report an address change to UKVI: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:22 am

Many thanks and highly appreciate the quick response.

Could you please help with questions no. 5 aswell ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 am

You need to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am

Many thanks..!!

I have a valid marriage certificate.

Do I still need to provide 2yrs cohabitation proof ?

Regards
Mansoor

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm

mansoorwani wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am
Many thanks..!!

I have a valid marriage certificate.

Do I still need to provide 2yrs cohabitation proof ?

Regards
Mansoor
Yes, you still need evidence of cohabitation for the last two years in both your names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Thank you very much Dear...!!

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Sun May 16, 2021 10:26 pm

Dear Moderator,

I have few more questions regarding ILR documentation:

1. My company has issued me a support letter with annual salary, sort code, duration with company etc on a company letterhead. Do I still need Salary slips in original on company letterhead or online copies will do ?

2. Do I need Original Bank statements from bank or online copies will do ?

3. My wife is also applying as a dependent. Do we need her bank statements aswell? Fyi she is not working.

4. I got two NARIC certificates from my Tier 2 Visa application in 2016, one comfirms Degree comparability and 2nd one confirms degree taught in English Level equivalent to C1 (meets requirements). Do I still need to go for an English test as I already have NARIC certificates ?

Kindly advise.

Regards
Mansoor

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Mon May 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Dear Moderator,

Could you please let me know on above queries ?

Thanks,
Mansoor

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 2:54 pm

DO NOT tag your question on other topics :!: :!:
You can use digital copies. You do not need her statements. The old NARIC will be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mansoorwani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mansoorwani » Tue May 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Sorry Zimba will take care next time.

Huge thanks for your reply. Appreciate it..!! :)