ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancellation impossible (EUSS scheme for dependants)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LillyPearl
Newly Registered

Lounes and family permit application for parent post Brexit

Post by LillyPearl » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:38 pm

I am a dual EU/UK citizen, thanks to the advice received in these forums a few years ago.
My mother, who is 85 years old, is an EU citizen residing in an EU country at the moment. Unfortunately, because of the COVID 19 situation she did not manage to travel to the UK in 2020, so we missed the opportunity for her to apply for pre-settled status, so we now have to go through the family permit+ Lounes application procedure.
According to the Citizens' Advice Bureau and other sources I have found online, who are probably all quoting the same document, for applications received before 30/6/21 dependency is assumed and there is no need for proof. However, in the checklist she received for documents to apply in support of her family permit application she is asked to provide:
Evidence that she is dependent on me - for example, money transfer receipts or bank statements showing money transfers from me or evidence of accommodation
provided by me.

So my question is: can she claim what the CAB says?
If not, what documents would be suitable?
My mother has a pension and is not financially or physically dependent on anyone.
She stayed with me for several months when I was seriously ill a couple of years ago, but she did not have any bills or correspondence to her name nor did I add her to my tenancy agreement. What would be evidence of accommodation?

LillyPearl
Newly Registered

Cancellation impossible (EUSS scheme for dependants)

Post by LillyPearl » Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm

So, I decided to cancel the application and reapply on behalf of my mother because I mistakenly ticked No instead of yes in the dependency question.
The website says that in order to cancel an application ahead of the biometric appointment you need to:
You can cancel your application online and your fee will be refunded if you have not yet given your fingerprints and photo.
Great, that's what I want to do.

If you applied within the UK, fill in the form to withdraw your application.
Not applicable in this case, the application is made outside the UK.

If you applied outside the UK and used AccessUK, sign in to your account using the link from your sign-up email.
Nope, I did not use AccessUK, or at least I don't know I did.

If you used the smartphone app you can cancel your application online.
No, I did not use a smartphone.

If you’re cancelling because of coronavirus email...
No, I do not want to withrdaw the application because of covid-19, but it seems to be the most viable way to cancel because there is an email for getting in touch.

And there the options end.
So how do I withdraw the application?
We have already paid for the appointment and unless the application is withdrawn on time we will not get any refund.

Abosi
Newly Registered

Re: Cancellation impossible (EUSS scheme for dependants)

Post by Abosi » Tue May 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Hey I am in a similar situation in the sense that my mum came in as a visitor to the Uk in Jan 2021 and citizens advice told me to apply via the Lounes route which we did in April and we’re still waiting for an answer. I did ring up the eu res centre to ask for an update and they were baffled as to why I applied via Lounes without having had a family permit first. When I spoke to citizens advice they didn’t say that the family permit was required prior to the Lounes application.

What is your understanding to you need family permit first?