ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parental consent form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Parental consent form

Post by mrduplicity » Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Good afternoon all,

I am currently applying to register my younger brother and sister as British citizens. I have one question about the parental consent form. I see on the form there is space for both the mother and father to sign. Would it be okay if they were to sign separate forms? Reason being that my father does not currently live in the country/don’t know if he will be coming back. He is able to sign the form and scan it to us, but obviously then my mother and father would not be able to sign the same form. What’s the procedure for parents to don’t live in the same country (they are still married)? Is this common?

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Parental consent form

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Without knowing any case details, just a suggestion at face value:

Ask your mother to sign the form first. Scan and send that form to your father. Your father can print it, sign and scan it back.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.