ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRYING TO REUNITE WITH MY DUAL NATIONALITY GIRLGRIEND IN ROMANIA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jayiiare
Newly Registered
Mood:

TRYING TO REUNITE WITH MY DUAL NATIONALITY GIRLGRIEND IN ROMANIA

Post by jayiiare » Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all can help me with my problem. Nearly a month ago now me who is a British Citizen decided to start and a new life and move Romania with my dual nationality girlfriend who has a Romanian Passport and A British Passport. Upon reaching the check-in desk in the airport the ticket lady only allowed my girlfriend to go and I was not because it was not an essential travel at the time. We have been living together for nearly 5 years and been together for 7years. She is now alone and I am renting a room by myself. We have tried to contact the embassy to ask so many questions but it is so damn hard to get hold of anyone or hear from anyone back. Now that the travel ban in the UK has been lifted do you think I am able to at least visit her. If so what do I need to do? I have checked if I needed a visa but in the https://evisa.mae.ro/ website I do not need a visa and can go as a tourist? But we have asked immigration in Romania as well as the embassy in Romania and one says I do need a VISA and the other no. We are exhausted at this point and hurt that we haven't seen each other for a while. I just want to know what to do. Whether she comes here and we can get married or I go over there and get married. Something has to give and we are running out of patience and confidence. PLEASE HELP! :(

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: TRYING TO REUNITE WITH MY DUAL NATIONALITY GIRLGRIEND IN ROMANIA

Post by ALKB » Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm

jayiiare wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all can help me with my problem. Nearly a month ago now me who is a British Citizen decided to start and a new life and move Romania with my dual nationality girlfriend who has a Romanian Passport and A British Passport. Upon reaching the check-in desk in the airport the ticket lady only allowed my girlfriend to go and I was not because it was not an essential travel at the time. We have been living together for nearly 5 years and been together for 7years. She is now alone and I am renting a room by myself. We have tried to contact the embassy to ask so many questions but it is so damn hard to get hold of anyone or hear from anyone back. Now that the travel ban in the UK has been lifted do you think I am able to at least visit her. If so what do I need to do? I have checked if I needed a visa but in the https://evisa.mae.ro/ website I do not need a visa and can go as a tourist? But we have asked immigration in Romania as well as the embassy in Romania and one says I do need a VISA and the other no. We are exhausted at this point and hurt that we haven't seen each other for a while. I just want to know what to do. Whether she comes here and we can get married or I go over there and get married. Something has to give and we are running out of patience and confidence. PLEASE HELP! :(

You need to do your research and probably adjust your expectations about how fast and easily this situation can be resolved. Immigration is a complicated matter and immigration in times of Covid is even more complicated.

As Brexit is a thing that happened, you now can no longer just move to the EU. You will need a reason to move and that is most probably: a job, a spouse (not a girlfriend, but have her check whether Romania accepts unmarried partnerships for immigration purposes), a confirmed place at a university, or similar.

On top of that, you need to keep an eye on Covid travel rules - both for leaving the UK and for entering Romania.

The easiest way would probably be to get married and apply for a Romanian spouse visa. You need to check whether the register offices in the UK are conducting ceremonies and what you have to do to book a ceremony. I hear there is a backlog.

Your girlfriend should check whether it's possible to get married in Romania at this time and what requirements you have to fulfill. Getting married to a non-EEA national is not always straightforward (I got married in Denmark because it was easier than in Germany).

All in all, you will probably look at weeks if not months until this is sorted. It would have been good to really look into travel and immigration requirements before attempting to just move, but that's a moot point.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

jayiiare
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jayiiare » Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Thank you so much for your response. I forwarded this to my girlfriend and shes really touched and thankful. This has helped us abit in understanding what to do next in a sense.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Post brexit the UK government has put up information about living in/moving to EU countries - here's the page for Romania,
if you haven't seen it already: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-romania
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.