ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kunleafoo
Newly Registered

10 years long residence ILR

Post by kunleafoo » Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 pm

I have been in the UK legally for 10 years and married to a british citizen. I applied for ILR as a partner of a british citizen for over a year but I haven't received a decision. I'm now thinking of applying for ILR under 10 years continous long residency route.

Questions:

1. which for set should i use, (Set O or Set LR)?

2. Will there be any implication if I apply for ILR under 10 years continous long residency while I still have a pending application?

3. Will I get a refund for the money I paid for prevous application if I put in a new application?

4. Is there any time I can use form set (O)?

5. I withrew my studentship when I was a student, my visa was curtailed but and got married and I was never an illegal immigrant at any point. Could this influence a decision?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 years long residence ILR

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 11:31 am

The long residence form used is SET(LR). I suggest sharing your immigration history with dates to see if you have the lawful residence to qualify
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kunleafoo
Newly Registered

Post by kunleafoo » Tue May 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Thank you!

Entered the UK 11/05/2011.

May, 2011-July,2014 - Student

Oct. 2014 - Jan. 2020- Spouse Visa

Applied for ILR on 5 years route spouse visa but haven’t got a decision.

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Did you apply for a spouse visa before visa curtailment date ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kunleafoo
Newly Registered

Post by kunleafoo » Tue May 18, 2021 7:07 pm

No, I did not

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:34 pm

What date was your student visa curtailed to and what date exactly did you submit the spouse visa application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kunleafoo
Newly Registered

Post by kunleafoo » Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 pm

I withdrew from the course on 30th of July 2014 and I got my spouse visa on 23rd of October 2014 because I did same day application and got the response and I believed it was within the validity period even though the visa was curtailed (I can’t remember very well).

What’s the consequence if my student visa ran out before I got my spouse visa, would this affect my 10 years continuous residence?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 19, 2021 9:55 am

kunleafoo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 pm
I withdrew from the course on 30th of July 2014 and I got my spouse visa on 23rd of October 2014 because I did same day application and got the response and I believed it was within the validity period even though the visa was curtailed (I can’t remember very well).

What’s the consequence if my student visa ran out before I got my spouse visa, would this affect my 10 years continuous residence?
If you applied after your visa expiry then your continuous period might be broken. That is why you need to find the dates