ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial and cohabitation reqs for FLRM.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Financial and cohabitation reqs for FLRM.

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue May 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Hey all,

My wife entered UK not long ago (23 Sep 2020) and her visa expires in June 2023, so plenty of time yet until her extention.

However, I'm confused on the cohabitation requirements. I read 6 pieces of documents from 3 different sources over two years, is this correct?

Does this mean 6 pieces of documents in total over two years? It seems a little low but not sure if I've interpreted it right. An example would help me understand.

Secondly, I lost my job just before my wife came to the UK and right now my earnings are below 18.6k, and so are my wife's earnings.

In order to combine income, do we both just show 6 payslips, 6 months bank statements and an employer's letter each? Just like how I did for myself to sponsor her to come over?

Thanks a lot! My main concerns are the cohabitation evidence.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Re: Financial and cohabitation reqs for FLRM.

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue May 25, 2021 11:33 pm

Anything? Please guys.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 26, 2021 2:17 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:36 pm
Hey all,

My wife entered UK not long ago (23 Sep 2020) and her visa expires in June 2023, so plenty of time yet until her extention.

However, I'm confused on the cohabitation requirements. I read 6 pieces of documents from 3 different sources over two years, is this correct? The 6 pcs is if the documents are in both your names, if individual names then it is 12pcs I.e. 6 pcs from each of you. From at least 3 sources spread over last 2 years at 3-4 months interval.

Does this mean 6 pieces of documents in total over two years? It seems a little low but not sure if I've interpreted it right. An example would help me understand.

Secondly, I lost my job just before my wife came to the UK and right now my earnings are below 18.6k, and so are my wife's earnings.

In order to combine income, do we both just show 6 payslips, 6 months bank statements and an employer's letter each? Just like how I did for myself to sponsor her to come over? Yes, 6months pay slips and accounts statements from you both making up the requirement of £18,600.

Thanks a lot! My main concerns are the cohabitation evidence.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri May 28, 2021 6:16 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:17 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

However, I'm confused on the cohabitation requirements. I read 6 pieces of documents from 3 different sources over two years, is this correct? The 6 pcs is if the documents are in both your names, if individual names then it is 12pcs I.e. 6 pcs from each of you. From at least 3 sources spread over last 2 years at 3-4 months interval.

I'm still confused. Evidence will be in both our names. So I just need 6 documents for the entire two years?

Or do you mean 6 documents (bank, council tax, water bill) for every 3-4 months over the last 2 years? So there will be approximately 36 documents showing cohabitation in total?

Many thanks for your help so far.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:16 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:17 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

I'm still confused. Evidence will be in both our names. So I just need 6 documents for the entire two years? If in both your names, then ONLY 6 items of correspondence covering the 2 years preceeding the application.
Or do you mean 6 documents (bank, council tax, water bill) for every 3-4 months over the last 2 years? So there will be approximately 36 documents showing cohabitation in total? No.

Many thanks for your help so far.