ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for Irish Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Help to Buy V/s Citizenship application

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi All,

I have a question? Does help to buy impacts your citizenship application? Does it delay your citizenship application? Does it show that your taxes are not in order since you have availed of the help to buy scheme from the government?

Many Thanks,
Christina

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Help to Buy V/s Citizenship application

Post by littlerr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:52 pm

No.

HTB is an incentive. Not a benefit.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Marriage and Family Certificate - Irish Citizenship

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed May 19, 2021 9:40 am

Hi All,

I am applying irish citizenship on the basis of being a NON EU resident for 5 years. I am married to a NON EU resident also and he is not applying for his irish citizenship with me. My questions are:

1) Do i have to submit a Family registration certificate with my application?
2) Do i have to submit my marriage registration certificate with my application?

Appreciate a response from littler or Vorona.

Kind Regards

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Marriage and Family Certificate - Irish Citizenship

Post by Vorona » Wed May 19, 2021 11:10 am

Marriage certificate will be enough. It is not mandatory, because your application is a standard one, but I would send it anyway, because they may ask for it later just to see that you are indeed married.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed May 19, 2021 11:26 am

Thanks Vorona.

How about question 1? Do i have to submit the family registration certificate? I have no kids

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am

I don't know what Family registration certificate is. But it's not on the list, so I wouldn't bother sending it.

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Wed May 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Oddly, re marriage, the detailed guidance on the form regarding Status in section 7 skips questions 7.5 and 7.6 entirely.
They're the only Qs without instructions to fill them in.

I wonder why? And if they are not legally necessary? 🤔

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Strong proof of address v/s weak proof of address

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please clarify if proof of address given for Irish residence are categorised into 3 different types and that determines if your application is strong.

1) Strong proof of residence are Government issued letters, P60, statement, property tax or social welfare documentation
2) Weak proof of residence are Bank statement, utility bills, payslips, rental agreements etc
3) Weakest proof of residence are employment letters for spouse, letters from sports clubs school letters for children etc

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Bank statements for Irish Citizenship

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi All,

Please help. As part of the citizenship application, we need to provide bank statements for all accounts.
Now my question is do i need to provide a bank statement if my account balance is zero? If i had no transaction in that account since last 6 months?

Please help.

Many Thanks

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Bank statements for Irish Citizenship

Post by Vorona » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:24 pm

You don't have to create a separate topic for each query related to your citizenship application:

ireland/strong-proof-of-address-v-s-wea ... l#p2013311

ireland/marriage-and-family-certificate ... l#p2010954

ireland/help-to-buy-v-s-citizenship-app ... l#p1966588

The first one could have been used to ask the question as banks statement are considered as proof of address.

Yes, all bank statements. If your banks statement does now show daily transactions like food or utilities, this can be a concern that you will have to address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:54 pm

All topics merged!!

Please read the forum rule link below regarding multiple posts/topics

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:58 am

Vorona wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am
I don't know what Family registration certificate is. But it's not on the list, so I wouldn't bother sending it.
Some countries issue what’s known as “family members certificate” whereby it lists your parents and all their children’s details.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi Litter / Vorona

Appreciate if you can resolve my query also.

While counting the days outside of Ireland, i have realized that i was out of the state for 100+ days due to work and holidays. I have decided to complete those days before submitting my naturalization application.

Now i came to Ireland in mid - March which means that every year should run from 15th March 2017 to 15 March 2018 etc. Now when i include my absent days, i am eligible to apply on 1 Feb 2022.

How do i count the year now? Shall i again change it to 1 Feb 2017 to 1 Feb 2018 while preparing the excel for absent days as my application date is now changed to Feb?

Please advise?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:42 pm

My understanding on that is because the requirement is to have 1 year of residency before your application, and 4 out of 8 years before that, you should count each year backwards from the day of your application.
So yes if you intend to submit your application in Feb 2022, your fiscal years should be Feb 2017-2018, Feb 2018-2019, Feb 2019 - 2020 etc...

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:39 am

Thanks for the response

But then in this case if i count backwards from Feb, i dont have anything for Feb 2017 as i only arrived in March 2017 and my first fiscal year is of 11 months only which is wrong too. Is that correct?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:22 am

Easiest way to check is to use the residency calculator tool. Enter all your permission stamps as per your registration except for years when you were away for more than 6 weeks. For those years enter only the dates when you were physically present in Ireland.

You will then get a total of days that you will have to accumulate before being eligible to apply.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am

Hi Vorona,

Thanks for the response. I did the residency calculator but the only issue is , the residency calculator has 20 lines, and i have travelled a number of times during the year that my permissions just dont come in one print. Can i do a residency calculator for each year and then accumulate the total to see if i am eligible.

Doing residency calculator separately on a separate sheet for each year will not have any impact on the residency total days calculations. Right?

Many Thanks,

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:31 pm

No. Just fill it in normally and give details of all absences on a separate Word or Excel spreadsheet: dates of each trip, duration and reason. Calculator is very useful to establish if you have enough residence after deducting absences and to know how many days you must accumulate before applying.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Thanks Vorona..

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi beautiful people

i have another question if i may ask please?

I am collecting proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed and my question is;
1) for every year of residence claimed, the 3 different proofs of address should be on the SAME address?
Can it be different addresses per year? Like 2 proofs on one address and the 3rd one on a different address?

Kindly help?

Many Thanks,