ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiscal Years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harprtk
Ireland

Fiscal Years

Post by harprtk » Wed May 19, 2021 10:31 am

Hi,

I am re applying my citizenship application and I just had a quick question in relation to the day calculations. I got my stamp 4 based on marriage to irish citizen on 8th April 2017.is this when my fiscal year calculation starts or is it from the date of my application and works backwards.

I am asking because between April 2017 to April 2018 I have no absence. However from April 2018 to April 2019 I have 49 days absence so I am over a week.

Would it make sense to apply on 20th May 2021. I have total of 1504 days since stamp 4 was given. Would I be right in saying i deduct 49 off it I am still applicable to apply?

Or do they count from date of application and work backwards for the last 3 years only if I am applying of basis of 3 year marriage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Fiscal Years

Post by Vorona » Wed May 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Yes, the date which is shown on your first GNIB card is the date from which you calculate your residence.
Tick yes on the question 5.6 and give details covering absences for 49 days (dates, destination, reasons for travel).
Enter all your stamps into calculator, then look at the total and deduct 49 days. If you still have 1096 days after deducting your absences, you will qualify. That's the easiest way to ensure that you meet residency criteria.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pm

You are a star! Thank you so much!!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm

You can apply based on 3 years marriage but still provide proof of residence for 4 or 5 years or more. This would make sure that you have more than adequate days of reckonable residences.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Fri May 21, 2021 8:33 am

Thank you! Would you know when I ask my commissioner of oaths to fill in the declaration, what goes into W2? Would it be his signature.. Name or a stamp at the bottom?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 am

harprtk wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:33 am
Thank you! Would you know when I ask my commissioner of oaths to fill in the declaration, what goes into W2? Would it be his signature.. Name or a stamp at the bottom?
Statutory declaration must be filled in solicitor's presence, they will ask you to fill in the top part of the declaration, and the rest will be completed by them. Spousal declaration will be completed by your husband or wife.

harprtk
Ireland

Post by harprtk » Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am

Hey thanks for that! No thats all sorted but just the one bit of W2 is something the commissioner of oaths couldnt figure out himself. As far I am aware its asking which mortuary authorizes them to become a commissioner of oaths and its meant to say Chief of Justice but i am not 100% either. We have that blank and only thing pending before sending everything.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun May 23, 2021 8:07 pm

It has to be completed by the legal professional who will be witnessing your declaration, only they will know the name of the authority which licensed them.