ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone from TCS got HSMP with Indian Salary and UK allowance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheers2boss

Anyone from TCS got HSMP with Indian Salary and UK allowance

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi,

Need help from any one........
Is there anyone from TCS deputed to UK and got HSMP approval by showing Indian salary plus UK allowance for a period of 12 months?

Employer is refusing to provide original P60 or atleast attest print out (taken on A4 paper) of P60. Please guide me what I can do to overcome this, got stuck at original P60?

I have even approached local HMRC tax office and even they refused to attest saying P60 is issued by employer only.

Thank you

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Nobody can refuse to attest the P60.

I wonder if you even tried talking to the HR/Finance people on this. In most cases employee fear revealing their intentions to the company's HR/Finance and hence try to find out ways other than getting the documents stamped from the company

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:22 pm

hi applyhsmp,

I went personally to my Finance head 2 days ago in London and he clearly refused to provide a original hardcopy and also refused to attest the same with his signature/company stamp. Then I revealed to him in a requesting manner that I am planning to apply for HSMP and I need one. He in turn said that normal print out is ok and also said that many people within the company are applying for hsmp and immigration officers are considering the same. So he also advised me to apply just with normal printout on a A4 white paper. I am really concerned about this. What should I do?

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Legally in this country (in UK) no employer could deprive it's employee of P60 form. So in my opinion remain adamant on getting your P60 form from your employer or else warn your employer that you are intending on notifying Inland Revenue about this issue; sooner or later your employer would bogg down.

gauravgupta2808

Hi

Post by gauravgupta2808 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 am

As per UK law, employer has to provide signed pay slips of UK.

They can refuse to sign the Indian income slips.

I also work for an Indian MNC, they provided me signed pay slips, without even asking for the purpose

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Dude...I am ex TCS

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Hmm..I have lot of friends in this firm and even in a well known Telecom firm who is sending Indians to UK on "Deputation"...If u look in this Forum, you will find similar cases of employer not giving Salary Slips/P60...The only way out to is to talk to them and get it...As HSMP(Tier 1 )is getting very strict about rules..One of my friends who was in a similar situation had called up HSMP help line and was told that ,they have come across such situations often(Indian employers not providing Sal slips/P60)..It was mentione that it was ILLEGAL..FOr hSMP u need payslips and P60 and soon as you show they u r on deputaions from such firms TC*,MB*,IT*,they will verify for such details..

Ashish

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:33 am

has anyone tried services like http://www.payslipsp60.co.uk/
am not sure about the legality of these but for sure better than normal A4 sheet P60. As details remain authentic i see no harm in such services
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

ukjac
Newly Registered

UK - HSMP Visa

Post by ukjac » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:47 pm

hi ya,

I was in the same situation as yourself. Working in the UK through an Indian company.

I have recently got my Tier 1 - HSMP - Successfully using the OISC Registered Immigration consultants called hsmp help here (Hounslow) by being in UK.

Website is: www.hsmphelphere.com / 0208 099 0459

Wish you good luck.

jhp

Post by jhp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

ashishashah wrote:Hmm..I have lot of friends in this firm and even in a well known Telecom firm who is sending Indians to UK on "Deputation"...If u look in this Forum, you will find similar cases of employer not giving Salary Slips/P60...The only way out to is to talk to them and get it...As HSMP(Tier 1 )is getting very strict about rules..One of my friends who was in a similar situation had called up HSMP help line and was told that ,they have come across such situations often(Indian employers not providing Sal slips/P60)..It was mentione that it was ILLEGAL..FOr hSMP u need payslips and P60 and soon as you show they u r on deputaions from such firms TC*,MB*,IT*,they will verify for such details..

Ashish

Isnt your P60 useless unless you apply for the 12 month period between April - March ? Use your bank statements and payslips.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:23 pm

jhp wrote:
ashishashah wrote:Hmm..I have lot of friends in this firm and even in a well known Telecom firm who is sending Indians to UK on "Deputation"...If u look in this Forum, you will find similar cases of employer not giving Salary Slips/P60...The only way out to is to talk to them and get it...As HSMP(Tier 1 )is getting very strict about rules..One of my friends who was in a similar situation had called up HSMP help line and was told that ,they have come across such situations often(Indian employers not providing Sal slips/P60)..It was mentione that it was ILLEGAL..FOr hSMP u need payslips and P60 and soon as you show they u r on deputaions from such firms TC*,MB*,IT*,they will verify for such details..

Ashish

Isnt your P60 useless unless you apply for the 12 month period between April - March ? Use your bank statements and payslips.
Irrespective of whether you apply for April to March or any othr period, you have to show your P60. To show that u pay tax, HO will not issue u a visa unless they r convinced u r tax paying citizen.

jhp

Post by jhp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:47 pm

apply4hsmp wrote:
jhp wrote:

Ashish

Irrespective of whether you apply for April to March or any othr period, you have to show your P60. To show that u pay tax, HO will not issue u a visa unless they r convinced u r tax paying citizen.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:10 pm

apply4hsmp wrote:Irrespective of whether you apply for April to March or any othr period, you have to show your P60. To show that u pay tax, HO will not issue u a visa unless they r convinced u r tax paying citizen.
Thats not true.... U dont need p60 if u have salary slips and bank statements

arunkumarprs

Re: Anyone from TCS got HSMP with Indian Salary and UK allow

Post by arunkumarprs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:11 pm

cheers2boss wrote:Hi,

Need help from any one........
Is there anyone from TCS deputed to UK and got HSMP approval by showing Indian salary plus UK allowance for a period of 12 months?

Employer is refusing to provide original P60 or atleast attest print out (taken on A4 paper) of P60. Please guide me what I can do to overcome this, got stuck at original P60?

I have even approached local HMRC tax office and even they refused to attest saying P60 is issued by employer only.

Thank you
I got my Tier 1 recently with same situation as yours, even though i dont work for TCS, i work for a company who gives 2 salary(india+UK) and no P60. I just showed my payslip and bank statement.

Moreover, i dont undertstand y u need to show P60. It wont cover your 12 months and it is pretty easy to get bank statement instead of a P60 in these companies.
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

avneet
Newly Registered

Post by avneet » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi all,

I am keen on knowing how can I clculate my salary band where in I have earned 8 months in UK and 4 months in India in the last 12 months

Also i get allowance in UK and some part of salary in India, am quite confused as what will be the total salary that I should consider and in which currency

Cheers
Avneet

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

avneet wrote:Hi all,

I am keen on knowing how can I clculate my salary band where in I have earned 8 months in UK and 4 months in India in the last 12 months

Also i get allowance in UK and some part of salary in India, am quite confused as what will be the total salary that I should consider and in which currency

Cheers
Avneet
u shud consider last 15 months salary and then pro rate each part to 12 mths and see which qualifies for points. read guidance notes more.

vshin
Newly Registered

Former TCSer

Post by vshin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi

Have you got thru the process of applying by now?

In any case - I though I'll share my experience. I was in a similar situation as you about a year back. I was working in TCS in Paris and wanted to apply for the HSMP. There I was getting an onsite 'allowance' and not Salary. So I couldn't get a Payslip to show my onsite earnings.

However, I discovered that with my Indian Salary component itself I qualified for HSMP and I applied. I have since got my HSMP and moved to the UK ( close to a year back) and now working with a different Indian Company.

Since my stay in France was about 6 months only, I could apply for it under the India Band ( Band D) after a month of being in India.

I got my print out of Payslips of Indian Salary attested by HR and submitted my Bank statement also for claiming points under 'Previous Earnings'.

Maybe its worth examining if you qualify with your Indian Salary alone.

Cheers
V.

TCSWP
Newly Registered

Post by TCSWP » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Hello cheers2boss,
Have you got HSMP from TCS?

What happened to your TCS-WP? What will happen when your TCS-WP expires? Will they take your passport for WP renewal? have you disclosed that you got your HSMP? IS it legal to apply for Tier1 while on TCS-WP in TCS?
Can you pls answer my questions if possible?

I am in the same situation now.... I got Tier1 already upto2011. Now, my TCS-WP is going to expire. Shall I disclose to HR? I want to continue in TCS for sometime as the outside market is very bad. Please suggest something?

Please mail me if possible.. tcswp.116@googlemail.com

Thanks,
sateesh
tcswp.116@googlemail.com

uk.workpermit123
Newly Registered

Re: Former TCSer

Post by uk.workpermit123 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:31 am

Hello,

I am from same company and currently deputed in UK. May i request for a help?

1) Can you please let me know how did you get the pay slips stamed? I have heared it is difficult to get payslips attested. Was it done by HR? Can you please tell me a bit on this?
2) Was indian pay slip attested by UK HR?
3) Was P60 required for this?

I am interested for Tier1 but i am getting this attestaion part most difficult. It will be great help if you provide me with the info how did it? I have only 2 months left in UK so your info will really help me.

TCSWP
Newly Registered

Post by TCSWP » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:52 am

Hello,
My case if little tricky.
I got HSMOP approval letter(old procedure) while I was in India.
I got on-site opportunity at the same time.
I broght that letter from there to here. I applied toer 1 from here with the already approved letter. SO, I just need to submit my maintenance fund proof(bank stmt). Thats it. I got Tier1 for 3 yrs.

I think your case if different. You want to apply Tier1 from UK.

So, keep posting, someone in your situation might reply.

But, at the same time I want to ask you abt my situation.
Will TCS create any problem for us if we get Tier1?

Thanks!!!!

chandnip

HSMP and TCS

Post by chandnip » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:33 pm

DELETED
Last edited by chandnip on Fri May 28, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeHonest

Reasons to ask Finance to sign and seal Allowances sheet

Post by BeHonest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 pm

DELETED
Last edited by BeHonest on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:08 pm

hi,
i dont think they ask you for a reason as its your document u may need it for any reason.
try asking HR and most likely u will get it without questions.
:-)

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 pm

DELETED
Last edited by BeHonest on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:29 pm

hi,
yes there are many people who have got the same.
in case they ask for a reason u may say u need to apply for a "loan" in India etc etc .......
just try once....dont worry.
:-)