ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for 2 year extension for Covid impct

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

How to apply for 2 year extension for Covid impct

Post by mandydeb » Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 am

Hi - we are in the situation where this applies:

"If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to extend your stay for a further 2 years, if you can show:

you‘ve created at least 2 jobs by the date you apply
you’ve been unable to employ staff for 12 months due to coronavirus"

How do we go about extending our stay for 2 years?

thanks!

marcnath

Re: How to apply for 2 year extension for Covid impct

Post by marcnath » Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am

mandydeb wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 am
Hi - we are in the situation where this applies:

"If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to extend your stay for a further 2 years, if you can show:

you‘ve created at least 2 jobs by the date you apply
you’ve been unable to employ staff for 12 months due to coronavirus"

How do we go about extending our stay for 2 years?

thanks!
It is the normal process - all this would mean is that not all of the job creation evidence is required but you would state that you are using this waiver provided.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 am

so we would be applying for indefinite leave at this point (2 year extension visa expires end of June) - so do we carry on and apply for indefinite leave and complete the requirements for language test and 'life in the UK' test?

thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu May 20, 2021 10:37 am

mandydeb wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 am
so we would be applying for indefinite leave at this point (2 year extension visa expires end of June) - so do we carry on and apply for indefinite leave and complete the requirements for language test and 'life in the UK' test?

thanks
If you have not met the job creation requirements, you can only apply for a further 2 year extension, not ILR. You can then apply for ILR whenever you meet the those requirements.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am

presumably we would not have to resupply the evidence we did on our first two-year extension? (specifically, the investment proof)

thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu May 20, 2021 10:44 am

mandydeb wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am
presumably we would not have to resupply the evidence we did on our first two-year extension? (specifically, the investment proof)

thanks
No, you don't need to.